Guest Thorny

Need help with EM4.cfg file

Hello I am new to the forum and I have a very annoying problem. My brother gave me his 911 first responders game since he doesnt play anymore but I have a problem getting it to run in widescreen and none of the settings that I change in EM4.cfg seem to stay......

I have looked through these forums for hours (seriously lol) and tried a lot of different things including reinstalling, setting EM4.cfg to read only after I make changes, etc.

Does anyone know why I can't get any of the changes to stay? I am mainly trying to change the resolution of the game to fit my screen or change it to windowed mode so its not stretched, but neither work. The game will overwrite any changes I made even if I set the file to read only. I even went as far as allowing indexing service to the entire folder of the game to see if that changed anything, but it didn't. I also downloaded the premade cfg's made by Stan and and they seem to mess up my menu with gibberish "static_ID" text on the buttons and I am unable to make any permanent changes with those cfg files either.

I am hoping someone will have a solution to this problem because I have trouble running the game smoothly and would very much like to tweak a few things to help out my game performance in multiplayer.

Thanks in advance.