Guest FireFighter/EMT Garland

Slow down Call Numbers

Guys to be honest, I don't know how to mod. After I downloaded the 1.5 LA Mod, things are going too fast for me to keep up, and play the way I want to play. I try to play the game as real as possible, do all the little things and what not. With the number of calls though, all I can do is run from one to the next, it's fun, but that gets old quick.

Could someone please just help me figure out what to change so that I wont have so many calls so quick.

yes I have searched through the forms already, and the only thing I saw was to go through and change each call to happen less... I don't know if that would work or what exactly I would be doing so I didn't do it lol...

Could someone please just help me figure out what to change so that I wont have so many calls so quick.

The file you want to edit is fp_params_endless.xml for the endless game and is found in \Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Specs

Some key parts of the file to help you tailor it the way you want:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "200.0" /> <--I keep mine between 200 and 250, make it higher for more dead periods

<MaxIdleDuration value = "5.0" /> <-- 5 seems to work good

<EFPEventFall> <--type of call
<Enabled value = "0" /> <--0 for off, 1 for on, this allows you to disable things you don't want
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->
<AverageFrequency value = "0.7" /> <--play with this setting to change how often that single event happens

Hope that helps,

Mike

The file you want to edit is fp_params_endless.xml for the endless game and is found in \Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Specs

Some key parts of the file to help you tailor it the way you want:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "200.0" /> <--I keep mine between 200 and 250, make it higher for more dead periods

<MaxIdleDuration value = "5.0" /> <-- 5 seems to work good

<EFPEventFall> <--type of call
<Enabled value = "0" /> <--0 for off, 1 for on, this allows you to disable things you don't want
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->
<AverageFrequency value = "0.7" /> <--play with this setting to change how often that single event happens

Hope that helps,

Mike

I can't find the file to do anything to it...

I can't find the file to do anything to it...

First locate where your game is installed, you'll see a folder called 911 - First Responders

Next, look in Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Specs and you'll see the file called fp_params_endless.xml

If you are still unable to locate it, I suggest using windows ctrl-f feature in the my computer window.

Mike

First locate where your game is installed, you'll see a folder called 911 - First Responders

Next, look in Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Specs and you'll see the file called fp_params_endless.xml

If you are still unable to locate it, I suggest using windows ctrl-f feature in the my computer window.

Mike

Hey thanks for the help, I don't know what I'm doing so I just give up for now... lol I've got things I should be doing for work anyways, so when I get some more time I might get on here and try playing again. Really though thats for the help take care and God bless

Jacob

Mike

I'm having similar problems with 1.9. Its just call after call with no break, I cant play realistically like I would like. Mike I did try what you said to do for the person previously asking. I could find all the files you said to edit. But I cant edit them. The file opens in xml format. What can I do? Thanks