Guest chevyrulzs2010

flash patterns

Guest chevyrulzs2010

hi im trying to make arrow sticks for my mod and for some reason i cant create a left or right flash pattern i can do 1 like hoppahs center out but i cant create a left and right pattern does any 1 know the stats for it based on a 8 head stick i need to no the flash frequency and flash off set

p.s i no that it doesnt effect the cars but it looks alot more realistic to have a right arrow stick when there is a car accident in the left lane

The cars would not go round the crash it will only make them turn around btw

That's what he said too, it doesn't have to effect the cars.

@ chevyrulzs2010:

PART ONE:

This are the settings which I use for the directional lights on my fire trucks.

[] Radiation

[x] Corona

[] Fake volume

Lighttype: Special Light

Lightmap: lightmap0_nos3tc.tga

Corona: corona7_yellow

Flash Frequency: 2.40

Flash Offset: SEE PART TWO

Corona Size: 13

Intensity Limit: 0,75

[x] Cap Intensity

You can add a polygon lightmap for each lights too or radiation, but it's not importont for these settings.

PART TWO:

Three offset setting for 8 lights:

Center out:

0.00 0.30 0.60 0.90 0.90 0.60 0.30 0.00

From left to right:

0.70 0.60 0.50 0.40 0.30 0.20 0.10 0.00

From right to left:

0.00 0.10 0.20 0.30 0.40 0.50 0.60 0.70

PART THREE:

Script (commands) to activate the lights ingame.

See attachment for the script. It's packed in a .zip package.

Unpack the file and add to to your ".../Scripts/Game/Commands" folder.

Then add VcmdSpecialLightsOn to your vehicles with directional lights.

This command doesn't redirect vehicles.

Good luck,

Hoppah

SpecialLights.zip

Guest Utrechtterror
Shall I add this to Tutorials?

It's an easy guide to start playing with lights :)

Cool idea, because some just like to play with the lights :happy: . But some are newbies and don't know how it works

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Shall I add this to Tutorials?

It's an easy guide to start playing with lights :)

hoppah id say yes to adding this to the tutorials but my question is how advanced would you go like just changing lights or would u explain everything like polies and and scripting

hoppah id say yes to adding this to the tutorials but my question is how advanced would you go like just changing lights or would u explain everything like polies and and scripting

No, I wanted to add the Directional lights tutorial to this website. Same stuff what I wrote before. I wasn't really talking about a light editor tutorial, because it's easy to find everything out by yourself. The tutorial could be a good way to understand how offset and flash frequency works.

Can you tell me how to make an LED effect for the LAPD Cruiser? I want to make it like a really fast LED light, and if someone could possibly make/add a Federal Signal Arjent lightbar to the LAPD car...i would be soooooooooooooo greatful. Thanks!

Shane

Guest ComputerCop
Can you tell me how to make an LED effect for the LAPD Cruiser? I want to make it like a really fast LED light, and if someone could possibly make/add a Federal Signal Arjent lightbar to the LAPD car...i would be soooooooooooooo greatful. Thanks!

Shane

No, I wanted to add the Directional lights tutorial to this website. Same stuff what I wrote before. I wasn't really talking about a light editor tutorial, because it's easy to find everything out by yourself. The tutorial could be a good way to understand how offset and flash frequency works.

Let Hoppah write his tutorial, and you can figure out the LED stuff on your own with flash frequency and offset ;)

Guest Utrechtterror

He already did, it's above his post when he says; shall I add this to the turorial?

In order to make leds, you need to have a short flash frequency. And use the flash offset.

I agree with that, I learned it by looking at it. That's all, you can't have everything written out and explained.

That's what he said too, it doesn't have to effect the cars.

@ chevyrulzs2010:

PART ONE:

This are the settings which I use for the directional lights on my fire trucks.

[] Radiation

[x] Corona

[] Fake volume

Lighttype: Special Light

Lightmap: lightmap0_nos3tc.tga

Corona: corona7_yellow

Flash Frequency: 2.40

Flash Offset: SEE PART TWO

Corona Size: 13

Intensity Limit: 0,75

[x] Cap Intensity

You can add a polygon lightmap for each lights too or radiation, but it's not importont for these settings.

PART TWO:

Three offset setting for 8 lights:

Center out:

0.00 0.30 0.60 0.90 0.90 0.60 0.30 0.00

From left to right:

0.70 0.60 0.50 0.40 0.30 0.20 0.10 0.00

From right to left:

0.00 0.10 0.20 0.30 0.40 0.50 0.60 0.70

PART THREE:

Script (commands) to activate the lights ingame.

See attachment for the script. It's packed in a .zip package.

Unpack the file and add to to your ".../Scripts/Game/Commands" folder.

Then add VcmdSpecialLightsOn to your vehicles with directional lights.

This command doesn't redirect vehicles.

Good luck,

Hoppah

This IS the tutorial. I never said I'm gonna make a light editor tutorial. It's just a 'directional lights explained' tutorial.

Don't know when I'm going to add it to our tutorial database. :)

Guest chevyrulzs2010

i got a question im on a laptop with out a wireless mouse so in the editor how to i rotate the car in the light editor screen i dont have the center scroll wheel like my desktop so any suggestions

i got a question im on a laptop with out a wireless mouse so in the editor how to i rotate the car in the light editor screen i dont have the center scroll wheel like my desktop so any suggestions

Hmm, good question. I've checked it for you, but I can't find a way to zoom in/out or rotate without the scroll wheel neither. You can only use the arrow keys to move. :mad:

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Hmm, good question. I've checked it for you, but I can't find a way to zoom in/out or rotate without the scroll wheel neither. You can only use the arrow keys to move. :mad:

damn thats gay well i have to use my desktop for light editing i guess