Yankee43

Does Emergency 20 come with the editor?

I am thinking about buying up EM20. I am at the very beginning stagesĀ of modding for EM4 but I just want to explore the newer EM games a bit. I no longer see "Emergency 5" on steam, but I see 2016. 2017, and 20. Which one should I get and which one has the editor I'm confused. Someone is gonna have to start development for the new games, ill get to it in about two years. To start though, I need the right game.

Its hard to get started in EM5 modding if you are not german because most guides are in german and the most active modders aswell (see Wuppertal and Bieberfelde).

About your question

EM20 includes EM2017,EM2016 and EM5. Where EM5 is the base game and the other three "DLCs" mostly add new Singleplayer Campaign stuff and like two new vehicles.

Note: These "games" comes all with the same editor and have the same endless and challenge mode. So if you would use EM5 to build a map you can still play it with EM5 and vice versa

5 minutes ago, Killerconsti said:

Its hard to get started in EM5 modding if you are not german because most guides are in german and the most active modders aswell (see Wuppertal and Bieberfelde).

About your question

EM20 includes EM2017,EM2016 and EM5. Where EM5 is the base game and the other three "DLCs" mostly add new Singleplayer Campaign stuff and like two new vehicles.

Note: These "games" comes all with the same editor and have the same endless and challenge mode. So if you would use EM5 to build a map you can still play it with EM5 and vice versa

Answers my question perfectly, thank you!