MRxKiba91

Please HELP, I tried to add two units from another mod to LA Mod v2.1

Los Angeles Mod v2.1 + Additional Units Submod + Northview - South County v2.0.5

Units from Northview - South County v2.0.5:

Detective

Detective with Vest

SWAT Medic

I was adding the SWAT_MEDIC and the DETECTIVE and I tried to test my game and it crashed and now i cant use my undercover crown vic that has my detectives in it or the SWAT rescue truck the ig one that looks like a fire truck, i have the swat medic in all swat vehicles and i have the Additional Units submod and the unmarked cvpi had detective, fbi, and secret service {detective tactical and fbi tactical included), please help, i imported all the files for both new units and edited the units.xml and info & portraits xlms but still nothing, undercover cvpi wont show even if i change the mission list in unit xml and the SWAT Truck, not the bearcat/bear, if i spawn it i CTD.

Can anyone help me with this

EDIT: THIS TOPIC IS NOW CLOSED, THANKS FUCKING LOTS, I'm not like HOPPAH i cant do miracles on em4 w/o ruining my game, i.e bsod/ctds

2).Have your logfile from your game so that it may be reviewed.

EX: C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911 First Responders\Logfile.txt.

3).Get your DirectX Diagnostic Log

Start:

Run:

Type in dxdiag and press ok.

After it does it's diagnostic save the information and upload it.

4).List your system specs if the information of your hardware does NOT match the DX Diag or information was omitted from the report.

Please also remember to use the "Upload" file or "Wrap in Code Tags" options to attatch your DirectX Diagnostic log or your Logfile.txt so that they can be viewed without consuming a large quantity of a page. To upload the file, just browse and select the .txt file and press "UPLOAD" and they will be attatched. The alternative will produce a code box around your choosen text, preserving all coded information as it belongs. To do this you can hit the button found to the left of the "youtube" button and [code}{/code] (replace the }{ with ][) appears, copy and paste your logfiles into the space between the ][ symbols and post. Any post that has the log file directly written in the post without either the code box or attatch feature WILL Be edited/removed.

Simply combining mod elements from two mods will always crash, you need to take the models from the other mod and create a new unit for them to work in the la mod, blindly copying and pasting will just cause crashes. No need for the logfile it's pretty obvious what the issue is.

You need to read the tutorials about adding units, treat the new unit like you're making it from scratch not just paste it in. So start with a new prototype then select the model, assign commands, set up the unit info etc etc

Well i would like some help doing this i'm not a modder at all

Uh its not vehicles its personnel, didn't you play the mod i'm referring to

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19278-releasedv205northview-south-county/

Thats the mod i got the SWAT_MEDIC and the DETECTIVE from

Uh its not vehicles its personnel, didn't you play the mod i'm referring to

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19278-releasedv205northview-south-county/

Thats the mod i got the SWAT_MEDIC and the DETECTIVE from

You would essentially still need to follow the correct steps to add in those personnel, I've tried searching up ways to add them in but can't give you any actual credible sources as I cannot test them myself. Also "Notice: I will pay any amount of money to be able to use these two Northview County units in LA" would probably be kind-of pointless, as personally for a personal/private modification someone might be nice enough to give you a tutorial instead of charging you.