FirefighterFanatic

Mod Installer Issues

Im just not having any luck with mods, apparently.

I downloaded London Mod, Helping Peter, and New York Mod.

All three files say that they're corrupted when I try installing them with the EM4 Mod Installer.

None of my other computers have had this issue with installing modifications, could it just be my PC?

It is possible that it's your PC, but most likely the downloads were corrupted and did not complete properly. There are many reasons the download doesnt complete properly mostly due to latency or server issues but it still claims the thing is completed properly.  The best thing you can try to do is to delete the files, clear your temp internet cache and try to download them again.  I've had this issue happen a few times in my years of dealing with this game, the modinstaller can be rather fickle at times, but usually re-downloading the files does the trick in getting them to run.

If the three files you've tried still bug out when you re-download them, try finding the lightest (smallest) mod you can and downloading and installing that one, if it says they are all corrupted then perhaps there is an issue with your modinstaller that needs to be repaired.

Assuming you mean your modinstaller is giving that it's installed improperly, probably because you have 911:FR from Amazon or something, I'll include a fix in the spoiler below, due to the amount of lines so that it saves someone time to reply. BUT keep in mind, this isn't a definite issue, as I have had my installer fix for awhile now, but since it's saying all those are corrupted, I sense it's the installer/your EM4 itself

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then
hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to
expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand
the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.
Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.
In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking exit.

Worked great for me! Just be sure to do this for both 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' Keys (Step 3)
  • Upvote 1

Assuming you mean your modinstaller is giving that it's installed improperly, probably because you have 911:FR from Amazon or something, I'll include a fix in the spoiler below, due to the amount of lines so that it saves someone time to reply. BUT keep in mind, this isn't a definite issue, as I have had my installer fix for awhile now, but since it's saying all those are corrupted, I sense it's the installer/your EM4 itself

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking exit.

Worked great for me! Just be sure to do this for both 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' Keys (Step 3)

when i do this it make my graphic all black can see anything but shadows any idea's on how to fix this?