William Stapleford

Please asking for help after this forced Steam update

Well it seems that once again I took a long break and now after coming back, the second i log back into Steam the game updates and sure enough it broke everything once again.  So now after trying to get some of my lighting mods tested with this new version i found out that half of my vehicles no longer even show in the game.  Hopefully that will be an easy fix as I have had to go through this every time they make a change to the game.  However what scares me the most is that now when I get into the world editor all the primary game files are locked.  

While this seems to be a great idea it has some huge drawbacks when it comes to making mods.  I can not get the textures on the ground anymore.  The screen now opens with the whole screen a light grey. When i try to use the terrain painter, or any other terrain tool, it no longer works.  Instead in the debug window it shows that the item is locked and can not be changed.

The problem with this is that when I make vehicle lighting mods I need to see how far the lighting pattern goes out and the direction etc.  Without a terrain the editor does not do the proper rendering of the lighting effects. 

Does anyone have a solution to the problem. I have even tried creating a copy of em5 and calling it em5_unlocked zipping it and trying to import a project but all i get is a failure on the import.

Hope someone that is far smarter then me might have a solution.  I will try and post a screenshot of the error.  It did not happen until version 4.1 was downloaded.  Before that the core files were not locked and could be edited.

Thanks for any help

Bill

Delaware, USA

i tried that but received and error that stated that a new map could not be created 

"FAILED TO CREATE A NEW MAP IN CONFIGURED DESTINATION PROJECT. MAYBE THE SELECTED DEFAULT DESTINATION PROJECT IS LOCKED"

Could you explain this error and/or how to switch the destination directory.  Tech support has been silent and this did not happen until the newest patch.

Thanks and have a great day.

Bill

Delaware, USA