ThinBlueLineKY4

.dds File And Skinning Software Help

Hey guys, I can't open .dds files with gimp, even though I have the plugin exe in the plugins folder and the files for the plugin apepar there too. . It sometimes opens a few, along with paintdotnet, but they dont work at all most of the time. Any good free/free trial skinning software I can use? Or is it that it isnt working because I am trying to open LA mod skins?

EDIT: I mean, the LA mod is the main one I have trouble with. Almost all the other mods that have .dds files open fine except for a few.

The LA Mod's .dds textured are "locked" to prevent alteration. There is a long process of unlocking them, although the downloads section has a file with them unlocked under Modding/Textures

And if I reskin those textures I can drag and drop all the correct vehicle folders except for the skin into my mod and use the skin I am going to download here and drag and drop that to the correct folder and it works? and what about models too? Is there an unlocked LA Mod Models available for download?

LA Mod models are only locked the same way as original Em4 models. There should be a bunch of answer how to unlock these, just search the forum. No download that I know of.
If I've understood you right, to make the edited texture work, just place it in the same folder, where the original texture was. If you didn't change with naming or it's aspect ratio (you can upscale and downscale, as long as the ratio stays the same), it should work just fine.

LA Mod models are only locked the same way as original Em4 models. There should be a bunch of answer how to unlock these, just search the forum. No download that I know of.

If I've understood you right, to make the edited texture work, just place it in the same folder, where the original texture was. If you didn't change with naming or it's aspect ratio (you can upscale and downscale, as long as the ratio stays the same), it should work just fine.

Okay you understood me thanks.