Guest Robbyboy

Multiplayer LA mod

Guest Bruce563
setting up a game now for LA Mod 1.4, ip is 75.108.216.209 see you there!

I do not think that you inderstood me, i said 4:00pm GMT, GMT is a time zone, i could not of played if i even wanted to at that time because i was at school.

Well does anyone want to play a game now???

- LAMod 1.4

- Endless game

I can not host, add me on MSN: cool-carl20@hotmail.co.uk

Guest ComputerCop
Hi, I have 911 First Responders.

I wish to play multiplayer but I dont understand how it all works, could someone explain/help me get online to play?

Kind Regards,

SK.

First of all, :welcome:

How multiplayer works, huh? Well, not to worry! It's really easy! :D

Since this topic is about LA Mod multiplayer, I'm assuming you have the LA Mod installed. Simply load up the game and the LA Mod, then go to the multiplayer menu (I'm sure you've seen that Multiplayer button in the 911FR menu, right? :laugh: ), and by default you'll be on the Join game tab.

You can either host your own game or join someone else's game. Basically, it's a modified version of the freeplay map, and you're working together.

When the game starts (I haven't played in a while, but If I remember correctly, you hit 'T' to chat while the game is in progress), then each player takes turns dispatching vehicles. You can only control vehicles you have dispatched, so usually (depending on the number of players), one person is Fire, one Police, and one medic. Tech (engineers, tow trucks, etc) are usually controlled by the player who is the least busy (say if the EMS player is busy with victims at a car accident, then the police or fire player can dispatch tow trucks), but all that is sorted out with your fellow players before you start :)

If someone leaves the game or gets disconnected, they can't re-join while the game is on, so you might want to talk about that with your fellow players. If someone leaves or gets disconnected, the game will distribute his/her vehicles amongst the remaining people. Thats the only way you can control someone else's car.

I said above that everyone takes turns dispatching vehicles. Only one player can dispatch new vehicles at a time. For that reason, police and EMS cars in the LA Mod have the 'Patrol City' function which is quite useful ;)

For fire trucks, we usually just find a place on the map to park them. Every so often you'll see a blue button pop up that says 'Continue' and there's a timer counting down (i think its from 1 or 2 minutes). In that time you are allowed to dispatch one new vehicle. If you don't dispatch anything, the timer runs out and the next player gets a turn. If you hit the Continue button, it ends your turn and goes to the next player. Usually each player hits the Continue button if they don't need any new vehicles. Its just a courtesy to other players in case one of theirs explodes or if they need some backup really quick.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I'm sure (at least I hope! :laugh: ) it helps! :D

EDIT: If you ever play LA Mod multiplayer with me, be forewarned- I always take the role of LAPD, and I almost never take Fire or EMS :P:laugh:;)

I want to play to again ^^ I haven't played for a while. Maybe someone can host tomorrow around 19:00 GMT +1? (7 pm I think :P)

I'd like to try playing online also. I have EM4 with LAMOD (which is awesome).....saw 3/3 playing online yesterday, but couldn't get in b/c it was full. Let me know if anyone plays LAMOD online, I heard it's a good time.