William Stapleford

Heavy Rescue Truck (Red/Blue/White) HID Strobes RELEASED!

Yes it has been a very long and frustrating process but Version 2 of this truck is ready.  V1 I decided was no good and caused too many problems.  I have also put together a video showing some of the features hopefully the link will play. So here is what is new!!

Using the default Heavy Rescue truck here are the changes

Changed all lighting and patterns

Added Red and Blue HID style strobes to top light bar with custom flashing pattern

Added White and Red center HID style strobes to the center of the light bar

Turned off ALL Material Animation lighting

Added signal disk to equipment for future mod yet to be released (Multi-Role)

Added rear tail light strobes

Added White reverse lights strobes

Added yellow/red traffic director lights (serve no purpose as of yet)

Added chasing turn signals assigned to left/right turn signal command.  (They seem to only work when the vehicle is using the 4-way flashers.  I also noticed that all vehicles in the EM5 world only seem to use brakes and headlights.  Never seen turn signals on the vehicles and have yet to find out how the AI traffic could use them.)

Added red pattern lighting to surrounding objects

Added blue pattern lighting to surrounding objects

Added red/blue alternating side strobes 

Added red/blue alternating grill strobes

Added white lighting for all equipment bays (exception is the biggest one, for some reason the light would shine through at that point and cause unrealistic white light on and around the vehicle all the time)

Changed the direction of all most all lights. (Example forward light bar can only be seen from ahead and behind, Side strobes can only be seen from both sides.  There are exceptions where the game will allow the light to be seen through the vehicle.  Would need to change different model points to correct and fix transparency issues)

Problems or known bugs at this time

Lighting effects can go out of sync depending on the rendering of the model

Some lights can be seen through the model

Sometimes large rays (straight lines) seem to appear from the lights

Computer CPU performance can take a hit with many units on the same screen, especially in ULTRA mode. 

Please enjoy the new model and I have more to come from here.  Please remember that I take no responsibility for any problems this mod may cause to the game or the computer.  This is a mod made for the fun of the EM5 community.  

ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE FLASHING STROBE PATTERNS COULD POSSIBLY TRIGGER EPILEPTIC SEIZURES PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN PLAYING.

Here is the video showing the mod in action

https://youtu.be/5L64y8voljY

Mod created for V1.3.2 (Steam)

To Install download the file and then use the EM5 splash screen "mods" portion.  Select the zip file and it will be installed.  Make sure that the blue square is filled in.  (this means that the mod will be active).

That's it and enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for the help and support.  

William516

Delaware, USA

new_heavy_rescue_fire_v2.zip

Im working on a tutorial on lighting eventhough im far from the expert on it. As for the traffic pattern its much easier to use notepad or word pad and copy and paste the value then to work in the editor. I learned this trick when messing around with values it also makes it easy to force offset or alternating light patterns. It also seems that the editor doesn't care at all about the 00000 after the decimal point.

For your example here is a quick guide.

Light1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0

Light2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

Light3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

Light4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Then make sure the stripes and spot effects are set to the same value also make sure that light 1 is actually the 1st light in the group etc.

As long as you set your timings the same for all the things the effect will be a chasing pattern.

0 of course means off

1 means on

As you can see its much easier to look at it in notepad and simply copy and use "paste value" in the editor.

Then to make the oposite pattern you simply reverse the seq. Or use the rotate tool to flip the light the other direction.

If you wanted the more common lighting used around here with double flashes at the end

Lt1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Lt2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Lt3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1

Lt4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1

Mess around with the timing and codes. When placing it into the world editor you must select custom to allow the system to see your values.

Also make note that in the game depending on the amount of resources and when the lights are rendered determins when the pattern is played out. What this means is that the lighting can go out of sync with each other at times.

Have a great day and enjoy working with em5

Bill

The material lighting animation is a big problem in this game. First of all the designers don't always seem to put it where it would make sense. Example is on some of the vehicles the right side flare may be tied to the left material animation lighting. You really need to mess around with this to find them. When you do you can attempt to delete the component but I found this seems to crash em5 world builder.

My solution simply turn it off.

Set a custom animation and set the animation value to 0 0 0

Then set cycle to .001

You may see a quick blip but thats it.

Caution

I have corrupted several prefabs by messing with material lighting animation so make sure you back up. Also leave emmisive lighting alone as these seem to be tied to the model itself.

Also dont be shocked if after turning off the material lighting animation that for some reason it comes back ON in game but not the editor. Or vice a versa.

Best of luck with it and hope I could be of help.

Hoping to release my new tow truck prior to leaving this week.

Bill

Yeah they seem pretty messed up. Could be the result of outsourcing their assets. But thanks you helped me anyway! And I'm already curious about your tow truck, I think I saw it on northern alexs channel (y)

Edit: Alright I finally made it working now for every vehicle. There was one little thing I had overseen which nearly drove me into insanity. But now it's all good and I can edit lights like I want to (: