Mart

Graphic Card

Hello guys I'm going to buy a new laptop and its has Intel GMA HD Graphics 3000 and My question is if with this graphic card and the processor that it's a i5 can I run the mods.. like Los angeles mods, manhattan mod, brooklyn mod , boston mod. Sorry for my english I´m from Chile , I speak spanish............ I hope you can give some answers quickly

Integrated graphics chipsets are not ideal for gaming, so it is likely you will experience graphical problems with that particular graphics card.  Laptops are not ideal for gaming but can sometimes work good enough.  Many intel graphics chipsets have problems rendering for EM4 causing graphical glitches and defects.  My particular intel card does not have these issues but many especially lower generation versions do have those problems.

If you want to be able to run gaming smoothly/well and you must have a laptop, you would be looking for a "dedicated" graphics chipset.  The most common dedicated cards that tend to do well are made by Nvidia and AMD Radeon R* series cards (IE R7 r8 r9)

If a laptop has "shared memory" for it's video card and system it is an integrated video card and not ideal for gaming.

Dedicated video cards have the memory for themselves built into them, they are more expensive but more suitable for gaming purposes.

Avoid any video card that is sold with HD Graphics in it's name, most of those are integrated chipsets, for example the AMD Radeon HD series or the Intel HD Graphics Series.