Lisa Rose

Amateur Question - Vehicle Prototypes.

Alright, so i have been having quiet a few issues with adding vehicles into my mod, i'm using the base L.A mod and this is how i'm doing it.

Firstly i open the editor and load up the mod, i find a vehicle whether it be police,ambulance, or fire... these are vehicles that are already in the l.a mod for example a basic la police car. I then click it and click edit, i remove all the childs, doors, wheels etc and replace the model with my own model... i then backup the mod on a usb and on my computer. For some reason if the game was to be deleted or crashes and i had to re-install the mod i replace the L.A Mod with my backup files and the vehicles don't appear that i had added. Instead the original L.A vehicles are back in the mod again.

The vehicles stay in the game as long as no crashes or anything similar occur which make me have to re install the mod.

I have also just tried adding them in the mod as a new vehicle instead of over riding the original vehicles in the mod and it does the exact same thing.

Sorry this probably sounds like a bunch of gibberish and makes no sense at all and i apologies if this has been answered already elsewhere, but this is the best i could do at explaining it... any help would be very appreciated, thank you!

:)

Best bet is that for whatever reason your "backup" copy is not overwriting the existing files within the mod when you reinstall the mod.  Check to verify that UAC is disabled for the EM4 folder if it's installed default to program files, UAC will prevent copying/altering files.  The editor will run as an "administrator" thus permitting it to change those files, while your user (even if you are an admin profile) will not have those rights without altering the permissions of the game folder in program files and/or disabling user account control (which allows changes without the pop-up notification about admin permissions).  The above is the most probable culprit for why your backup is not "taking" when you attempt to overwrite the files.

I am assuming you are backing up the whole mod folder and not just certain files of the mod folder, if you are are only backing up certain files ensure that you are backing up the prototype files since they are what control how things are "loaded" in the game/mod.