Rivan

Is there a way I can turn off V-sync?

I feel like that most of the performance issues people are having could be fixed/improved if V-sync were to be turned off.. I think its forced to be ON which is kind of stupid.. Why not give us a setting in the graphics menu..

I really do believe that turning off V-sync would make this game more playable that it is at the moment..

V-Sync prevents screen tearing, which generally is a good thing in most games. Since only 60 frames per second are being rendered by the GPU with V-Sync on, there may be some mouse/input lag, but in my experiences I've never noticed lag in any of the games I've played with V-Sync.

Most monitors only refresh at 60Hz, so unless you have a monitor with a high refresh rate (which the vast majority of people do not) it makes perfect sense to have V-Sync enabled by default. It prevents ugly screen tearing and it keeps your GPU from rendering useless frames. In some cases it actually prevents other nuisance behavior such as coil whine.

I play EM5 with V-Sync on and have never noticed any sort of performance difference with it on vs having it off....but then again I have a somewhat beastly PC.

To be honest I rarely hit the 60fps mark so V-Sync never really takes effect.

Edit:

Went on to state my opinion but never really answered the question at hand:

V-Sync can either be turned off in the game itself (I don't remember if EM5 has an option for enabled V-Sync. My guess is that it doesn't. So to further tweak which games use V-Sync you would need to go into your nVidia Control Panel and have a look around in there. 

If you have an ATI card...then you'll have to ask someone else.  :huh: