njemt

Game play too fast

Ok so I know this is unusual that somebody would complain about the game running "too well". Since I got a new computer the game has been going exceptionally fast compared to on my old computer. This includes the speed of the vehicles, lights flashing, and everything in between. The problem is the missions go too fast, meaning people die too fast, fires spread too fast, criminals get away too fast, well I think you get the gist of it. Does anyone know if I could slow down the game play other than adjusting the basic speed of the game in the menu?

First Option (probably the best option):

Open your 3D card Control Panel:

Find the 3D settings for specific applications (depending on card dictates where this is) Add EM4 to the application list so that it is specifically altered according to the settings you pick.  Change most of the settings to override the game's settings.  Especially in frame rate control, ensure that all settings to "control" the frame rate (IE: Vsynch and buffering are on any buffering settings are on regardless of game settings).

Second Option: (More of a pain but it might help you out some):  

Load EM4:

Open Task Manager:

Find and Right Click on EM4's Process:

Depending on the OS you run you will find set priority/set affinity within that menu, you you may have to click view details first to find that in the menu.

Under set affinity only permit it to use CPU 0 instead of all of your cores.

Under Priority Set it to Low priority.

You have to do this every time you run it I believe, but it should slow it down. Limiting the number of cores it has access to should limit the processing power it can use to run, but the primary increase in "speed" is likely from your video card, if you have an integrated video card as well as the high end 3D card you could try using that for EM4 instead of the dedicated card to see if the performance levels out with the whole rig minus the heavy card.  Remember, EM4 is quite old and this type of issue is something that is commonplace with an old game on a new rig.