BeastyBill88

Mouse lag in editor and gameplay

Hey everyone,

1st off hope you all had a good day yesterday and enjoying today aswell.

I need some help, since I changed my mouse from a wireless to a wired one it lags and moves so much slower when I'm using the editor or play the game. Yet in other games or just using the laptop normally it is fast and responsive.

Does anyone know how to adjust the mouse settings for EM4 so it isn't as slow, as it is driving me mad and I can't play with it being so damn unresponsive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill.

EDIT: Just realised I have posted in the wrong section, please can a mod move this to technical related support thanks.

See, for my new mouse it was the opposite issue, the thing liked to cruise by far too fast, it made doing most tasks next to impossible, my old wireless mouse was a bit slower so it was more "precise", the only way I could rectify it was instead of using the "generic" windows picked driver (which let it work just fine as a normal mouse goes) I had to install the logitech drivers for my new mouse and use it's software to fine-tune it's settings in order for it's software to make more effective use of the mouse.  The Default windows controls simply were not optimized for the mouse in question, chances are you're running into a similar issue.  Try installing the mouse's software it came bundled with, see what settings it has within it, along with the fact it may perform better with the software/driver specialized for it.

Thanks for the reply Mikey.

Only problem is my mouse is a HP plug n play one so I can't really fine tune it. But I was looking through the EM4.cfg file and near the bottom there is this setting <var name="s_mousespeed" value="60" /> so I might be able to fine tune it by editing this value as its only in EM4 that I get the slow mouse speed. But its weird because I never changed it (or knew it was there) when I used my wireless mouse.

Naw each mouse is different, so some behave different than others, my old 1 was a wireless microsux mouse, the new one is a logitech, in theory the logitech is more precise but for me I found the ms one to be easier to manipulate than the LT one is, I had to fine-tune it a bit to get used to it.  Otherwise it just was like teleporting, and when I forget where it is on the screen... God help me.  You can try to adjust the settings, but just a plug n play generally doesnt have the ideal configuration, chances are there is HP software for it (which sucks) but gotta make do with what ya got.