Lauri Forsman

Emergency 2013 & Emergency 4 won´t open

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Download and install the above files to your computer and give it a shot, your issue is graphical, imo most likely related to directx, this game requires an older version of directx than what shipped with your computer, installing this file should give it what it is missing.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

You can try this one, the problem you have is that you're running the windows 10 pre-release if I recall correctly, I am not sure how that one will handle attempts to install the older dx files.  Win vista/7/8 can all be made to do it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

It can possibly be that your drivers arent able to work correctly in your in dev windows ver... it is a WIP operating system, so I can only try my best to come up with possible things that might help to work around it.

I'm trying to make sure that you have the required DX9 components that were not included in later releases of the Directx system.. DX 10 had some of them, 11 had alot missing so it was more problematic for older software, which is what unfortunately ships in windows 8+ In order to play alot of older games you need things specifically available in DX9, the problem is there are different versions of the packages out there, certain ones don't "check" they just install and update as required, thus filling in the missing components, others run the "check" and see a newer ver of DX and won't run in spite of the fact it's missing what you need.

Did the package install, or give you an error?  Kind of need help from your end with as much info as you can provide in order to help you out if at all possible.  As I said your OS is a beta version of windows, it could very well be issues with your video card driver version not being compatible with the OS+EM4 together...

Only other things I can think of you can try to find a different version of your video card's driver (not the one you currently have, it may be an older version than currently is being used). Ideally it would be newer, but it may require an older version than you currently have... Browse the web for your specific video card, and see if you can't run across an older version if there isnt a newer one available for it.

If you can find one, remove your driver currently used on your video card and install the alternate version you've found.

Please also verify that you're running the game as an administrator, it may also need compatibility mode under your beta windows... In 8 it works fine just running as an admin, I don't know what all they changed in their newest one.  Might be worth a go at it though, perhaps win XP may work for it...

No, I mean the drivers for the video card, try to locate ones that are either newer or older than the version you are currently running.  Because of your OS it may not be functioning 100% correctly with the currently installed driver set and may work better with a different version.