NYCEmergencyServices

Game Starts With no mods but CTD when i have mods? HELP?

Hello, i have a problem. My problem has just started this week, i updated my video card on my Toshiba Satellite L675 this past weekend. I go to play EM4 and CTD. I look at my logfile (sorry i have a newer version but will upload if same thing happens) and i find Command icons are missing so i re-install. I take mods out it works! So now on to the problem... I just downloaded Montana Mod 2.0 BETA and put it in my mods folder, Start up game then after 2 seconds CTD, I check my log file again... SAME THING MISSING ICONS.... :tongue2:. So i re-install once again and i check all folders, everything is correct, i start up CTD, take mod out and it works? i put a standard version of LA Mod 2.1 (no Submods) in and still a crash and it was working fine last week? Can anyone help? (Sorry for the long story) :WTF:   

Missing icons is fairly normal in the logfile, that should not be why you're crashing to desktop.. My best guess is that something has probably been installed into the game where it shouldnt be.. If all else fails, rollback the video card driver, some vid card drivers don't work as well as others, especially on older games... I had one computer where nvidia had put out new drivers, em4 hated them so I had to roll them back and wait a further 3-4 driver versions before I could update again without issues.  Not all updates are for the best, unfortunately.  Sometimes your particular configuration/games will prefer older drivers over the latest versions (till they iron out the kinks on the newer versions to be reverse-compatible with older technologies).