Seluryar

Microsoft Flight Simulator X now on Steam!

and on sale for $5 for the next 21 hours. 10gb download, seems to have been optimized for current hardware.

Released and updated by Dovetail Games(Makers of Train Simulator 2015) and optimized to run more efficiently, Dovetail may in the future update the game with patches here and there, but these updates would only be for the Steam Edition and not work with the retail dvd versions.

Just tried a quick flight around Seattle with the Steam Edition, maxed all settings except for traffic stuffs, had a constant framerate around 45+fps, much much better than standalone FSX from dvd that I have had over the years. With the same settings, I was lucky to hit 20fps on this same computer from the dvd version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

Includes all aircraft from Standalone, Deluxe, Acceleration,  and Gold Editions of FSX previously released by Microsoft.

Optimized for Steam to replace the multiplayer function with something more up to date and have steam support(I have not tried this yet)

So even if you have the DVD version, this is still a must have!