Atomic Monkey

Messed with resoultion? Got a Black Screen?

Trying to tinker a bit with your resoultion? Done messed up and gave yourself a black screen? or half black screen?

Don't panic! do this:

Go to your AppData Roaming Folder. You can do this by accessing your Start Menu search bar by typing in %appdata% and pressing enter, a folder should pop up called "Roaming"

Select the folder called Promotion Software GmbH / Then Select EMERGENCY 5 /

In the EM5 Folder look for the file called emergency_5_settings.json ( Open the file with WordPad rather then notepad, to make it easer to read )

Once you find the resoultion string, change the number to what you currently have on your desktop or computer. or, if your eyes can handle it, set it to a very low resoultion so you can reset it in the game.

Save the file, close everything and boot up EM5 to see if worked.

Hope this helps people who are messing with video settings to make there gaming experence much better.

Hey, 

for some reason EM5 lags me like hell. My computer should meet min requirements, but it still lags, even with lowest settings...

Processor Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 530
Memory 8.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Hey, 

for some reason EM5 lags me like hell. My computer should meet min requirements, but it still lags, even with lowest settings...

Download the 1.2 patch. If you have it on steam it auto updates for you. I had a lot of optimization issues, but they now seem to be gone with this update.

Hey, 

Do you have the latest GPU drivers for your card?

I had the same issue on my Nvidia GTX 690, but turned out I hadn't updated the drivers for the last 6 months.