jwillie

Computer Specs Needed

Hello all. I am looking at getting a new laptop just mainly to piddle around with and just do casual gaming for Emergecy 4. Not really much for playing multiplayer on it, just something I can take with me on the go to play. I'm not really that much tech savy. Just wondering if I could get some suggestions if any of these computers would work to play Emergency 4 with some mods like LA and some of the New York mods.

Processor Brand: Intel Processor Type: Intel Celeron N2830 Processor Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz, with a Max Turbo Speed of 2.41 GHz System Ram: 4 GB Hard Drive Size: 500 GB   Screen Type: LED Backlight, HD BrightView Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics

Processor Brand: AMD Processor Type: AMD Dual-Core A4-1250 Processor Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz System Ram: 4 GB Maximum Memory Expansion: 6 GB Hard Drive Size: 500 GB
Screen Type: LED Backlight, CineCrystal Touchscreen HD Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 Graphics Card:

AMD Radeon HD 8210 with 512MB of dedicated system memory

Processor Brand: Intel Processor Type: Intel Celeron N2830 Processor Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz, with a Max Turbo Speed of 2.41 GHz System Ram: 4 GB Hard Drive Size: 500 GB   Screen Type: LED Backlight, HD Brightview Touchscreen Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics

To be honest, depending on what mods you want to play, none of these computers are ideal for what you want to do.  What you want to find is a computer with around 2.0 GHZ processor, 4 gig memory minimum, and a videocard with dedicated memory, 512 mb would be a decent little card for lighter gaming like EM4 a 500 gig hdd is the standard on most laptops today..  

The 2nd one outside of the processor speed being too low is otherwise fine, but the processor speed is far too low unfortunately.  You really want to avoid the "integrated" chipsets, most of them are AMD Radeon HDs or Intel Graphics cards, you want to find one with a dedicated memory structure.  The problem with the integrated chipsets are they use the system memory, which is also used by the system, and game it's self, so there really isnt much left over by the time the video card gets to using it.  Plus these cards generally arent great at rendering lighting (shadows for ex) and smoke/flame particles, two things EM4 makes heavy use of.  

Shop around and see if you can't find a system that meets what I stated above and you should be fairly good for playing em4 with most of the mods out there without issues, along with some other relatively "light" games out there.. Figure if it's about 4-6 years old it will prob run on the minimum settings fairly smooth with a dedicated 512 card.