Alexander Brown

Em4 Config File not effecting game...

Hi all. I have just installed Emergency 4 onto a new computer. As my computer resolution is larger than the Em4 presets I need to edit the config file and change the resolution manually... 

My problem is that my config file in;

C drive > Program Files (x86) > Sixteen tones entertainment > Emergency 4 > Em4.cfg

seems to have no effect to the game. 

I have changed the resolution with no effect in game. I've even tried changing the full screen status to 0 with no effect.

Even when I completely delete the config file the game still opens and runs fine.

It seems like the config file has somehow become disconnected from the game.

Re-installing the game does not help either.

I am using notepad in administrator mode and making sure that I save as. The file is saving th changes, it's just the game doesn't seem to see it.

Hope I have made sense...

Can anyone help? Is there another file I should be changing? 

Thank-you.

-Alex

Well what i suggest is opening the config file and verifying that the changes have indeed been saved within the document in the game directory... If it isnt saving the changes to the config file correctly in the folder copy it to your desktop, alter the file (ensure that read-only isnt checked in the properties of the cfg file).  If the resolution is saved and all is well in the file and it is within the folder where it belongs, you should check your vid card control panel to make sure it isnt overriding the game settings.. Some vid cards have the ability to override an application's pre-set settings and go with what the hardware/software from the video card prefers instead of the application/game settings.

Well what i suggest is opening the config file and verifying that the changes have indeed been saved within the document in the game directory... If it isnt saving the changes to the config file correctly in the folder copy it to your desktop, alter the file (ensure that read-only isnt checked in the properties of the cfg file).  If the resolution is saved and all is well in the file and it is within the folder where it belongs, you should check your vid card control panel to make sure it isnt overriding the game settings.. Some vid cards have the ability to override an application's pre-set settings and go with what the hardware/software from the video card prefers instead of the application/game settings.

Thanks so much! You've made my day! It did turn out to be an issue with the graphic cards drivers using scaling. Thank you!