Terrow

3ds files won't import into zmodeler

I exported it as a .3ds from Google Sketchup and imported it into zmodeler. It didn't show up and no error messages, the screen flickers and then nothing. I imported into 3DS Max and everything works fine, so I exported from 3DS Max and imported into zmodeler and it didn't work. I eventually installed zmodeler 1 and tried that, nothing as well but it says "model" in the object list. Just a small simple object, nothing large. What could I be missing?

The object could be either too large or too small for it to be visible within your viewing window, try zooming in/out to verify that it is not there.. Most programs do NOT have the same scales or axis and some (zmod for example) does not have the sense to change it's zoom to correlate to the object you load into it... it instead likes to preserve the last used settings which could be for a much larger or smaller scaled obj.

The object could be either too large or too small for it to be visible within your viewing window, try zooming in/out to verify that it is not there.. Most programs do NOT have the same scales or axis and some (zmod for example) does not have the sense to change it's zoom to correlate to the object you load into it... it instead likes to preserve the last used settings which could be for a much larger or smaller scaled obj.

Thank you

I figured it out somehow. I didn't use the right options when exporting so I exported to zmodeler one then exported the zmodeler file back to zmodeler 2 and it works perfect now.