arkfirefighter

Help installing New York City mod

I finally give up.  This is the process I'm doing and it's not working.  I've tried downloading some other mods, but they all seem to do the same.  Am I doing something wrong? I got a new computer so I'm trying to get the mods back on this computer.  LA mod worked, but that's a different process.  Any help would be appreciated. 

post-18585-0-80348200-1407534523_thumb.p

post-18585-0-57307300-1407534542_thumb.p

post-18585-0-75135700-1407534558_thumb.p

I noticed the images are really small so I took a screenshot of this.  This is taken after I extracted the files.  This doesn't look right to me. 

post-18585-0-51358500-1407534856_thumb.p

Right Click the mod file, pick open with... go to the bottom of the list to look for another app on this pc, find the modinstaller if it isnt in the list check under the installdir of the game.... Make sure you run the modinstaller as an administrator as well, since it has to install to program files UAC will try to stop this.  I always extract the file(s) out of the rar/zip too, instead of sending them to a temp folder for the process..

I appreciate your help sir.  First off, my game is in a 911 First Responders folder which is the default setup when I installed the game.  So when i was trying to install the mod with modinstaller, it was trying to install it in the sixteen tons entertainment>emergency 4>Mods folder.  When doing this it would give me a corrupt file error, and this mod has already been installed error.  All I had to do is go create those folders to make it work. 

Well there ya go that works too =)  If you encounter problems in the future remember to run the things as an administrator, Vista, 7  and 8 all have UAC by default over program files and program files (x86) in my case 911 first responders is x86 b/c im a 64 bit system... But in either case you either have to modify the priveledges, disable UAC, or just run as an admin (easiest option of all 3).  The mod does indeed work as I just verified it not too long ago, sometimes it gives the error about corrupted file from time to time just because it didnt download right... Either way glad you made it work for yourself.