Ctstrohm

Lag With New PC.

I have a similar system (i7 4770k and R9 290)

Found that even with the 16gb of ram, the game doesn't run as smooth as it does on my 3 year old laptop!

Best fix was here, but that doesn't work with all mods. I'm assuming that it's from a difference between the AMD and Nvidia drivers (my laptop is Nvidia).

I have set it up to lock the fps at the refresh rate of the monitor using the vsync in the AMD catalyst control centre, but it can still drop as low as 15-20 fps at times when a vehicle with highly detailed lights is on screen.

Anyway, locking affinity to 4 cores (cores 0, 2, 4, 6) has been my best result but I'm still looking for other ways to manage it.

I have a similar system (i7 4770k and R9 290)

Found that even with the 16gb of ram, the game doesn't run as smooth as it does on my 3 year old laptop!

Best fix was here, but that doesn't work with all mods. I'm assuming that it's from a difference between the AMD and Nvidia drivers (my laptop is Nvidia).

I have set it up to lock the fps at the refresh rate of the monitor using the vsync in the AMD catalyst control centre, but it can still drop as low as 15-20 fps at times when a vehicle with highly detailed lights is on screen.

Anyway, locking affinity to 4 cores (cores 0, 2, 4, 6) has been my best result but I'm still looking for other ways to manage it.

Yeah, thanks! I have the exact same problem. My laptop can run the game better than this $2000 PC, its incredible..It must be something with AMD's graphic cards, because I have not been having any luck. I've tried some of the stuff you have said, but yeah, with some of these mods the lighting just kills my computer.