patrickm28

Vehicle Texture Problem (911 First Responders)

I am currently experiencing a problem in certain mods where the textures are very distorted. This only happens in certain mods, and doesn't have an effect on gameplay. When I look at the vehicles from the normal camera view, it appears as if the texture files have been rotated. If I zoom in on the vehicle, however the texture is fixed (I discovered this in the Wegberg mod which changes the camera boundaries). If any one has any suggestions, please feel free to leave them below.

FYI: I have an Intel Graphics Card 

looks to me like it is the alpha reflections your guys cards cannot do correctly may be to blame, disabling the alphas on the textures or in the editor on the prototypes of the vehicles that are offending themselves may resolve the issue.

They may not be on the textures themselves, you may have to open the textures and delete the alpha channel directly, the fact that some things on the vehicles appear correctly but not the bodywork leads me to believe that it is probably related to the alpha channel.  You may have to load the texture in a paint program and manually delete the alpha channels.. The other possibility is the format the textures are saved in isnt rendering on ur card.

Depends on the program you have unfortunately, an easy way would be to change the texture format to .bmp (BMP cannot have alpha channels), to do that open the texture in your paint program and save it as a bitmap, then re-open the BMP and save it as the original file format... PNG/DDS whatever it was originally and it should remove the alpha channel.

The engine to the top-left in your image appears to me normal, the one below it does not, my best guess would be that there is something different in the texture files causing that one to appear right and the others not, alpha reflections is all that I can think of.. Note that on the vehicles the wheels appear normal, the same is true of other parts you would not want to reflect... I believe I am correct in the cause of the issue... You could try saving them as a BMP format, opening the v3o files and changing the texture it references from .png to .bmp using notepad on one of them that does not appear correctly..  BMP doesnt support alpha channels so it should remove the alpha channel from the skin...

Have you tried turning the graphic setting down to low in the settings menu while in game to see if that fixes it? I know that with my intel graphics on my laptop I get problems on high settings where the vehicles/personnel are shiny, etc. Just a thought, if it doesn't work then I have no idea...