Ghost Graphic Designs

Resolution issues

Hi again.

I know that problems like these have been posted and solved hundreds of times but I can't seem to find a solution for mine.

I always used my EM4 with the default resolution configs (I even had some black bars at each side of the screen to keep the "square" ratio of the game itself). The thing is, recently, my EM4 decided to fill those black bars and now everything is wide and it's extremelly hard to work on a mod under those conditions (no proportions).

When I take pictures or record with Fraps, the pictures/videos appear with the normal resolution (square-ish).

The worst part is that my Em4.cfg file is unchanged (1024x768 default resolution) and when I try to change the values again, it comes back to the 1024x768.

My laptop has a 1920x1080 resolution and I don't know if that's the problem. I've reinstalled the game and it still has the same issue.

Dunno if this is important, but I think that I'm having this issue since I've installed ArmA:2 on my "new" laptop and changed the resolution values on the menu (gotta check if that's the problem).

Logfile is attached below, if you want to take a look into it.

Thanks in advance, guys. :)

logfile.txt

Its ur pc vid card at fault, chances are the video card drivers were updated (probrably without you knowing it) and it has set up the configuration to override the EM4 settings. Make sure that the settings on your video card are for an app to snap to maintain aspect ratio, not to snap to full screen and it should stop filling the screen instead you will return to having the black bars on the right and the left of the game but have the proper ratio.

In most cases to do this, you must first go into the screen resolution you wish to run the game in on your desktop (IE change to 1024x768 on your desktop, then under your video card settings you can tell it to maintain aspect ratio instead of full screen, this will cause the desktop to display just like a game does)  Apply that setting, then return to your native desktop resolution and the next time the desktop goes into the app that runs at 1024 it should keep maintaining the aspect ratio instead of stretching it to the widescreen format your monitor is.