fultonfire

Mod Installer-installation of mods

Hello, I successfully installed the em4 mod installer in my registry with the help of the other topic in this forum, but now I have a slight problem with getting it to actually install a mod. When I download a mod from here (Miami, Helping Peter, Welfordshire) it shows up as an E4MOD file, however when I use the mod installer to browse to the downloaded E4MOD file, it always says the mod package is corrupted. I have tried re-downloading the files, however I still get the same error. I doubt that all my downloads of mod files are corrupted, as I can run Manhattan, LA, Harbor city, Montana just fine as file folder downloads. Thanks for the help.

How did you get it to work? I'm having this problem as well, but when I extract the files the E4MOD opens into notepad.  I saw on a different post that you got it figured out so that's why I ask. I believe it was on the New York mod, which is the same mod I'm trying to get working. Thanks..

If you're having a "mod package is corrupted" error and you're pretty sure it's not due to a bad download, you can try fixing it by making sure the registry key is pointing to the right InstallDir. For example, open notepad, paste the text below into it, save it as "fix.reg" (no quotes), and then double-click the file to add/update the key to your registry.

Change the "InstallDir" path to reflect where Emergency 4 is installed on your computer.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4]"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\sixteen tons entertainment\\Emergency 4"

I appreciate the help.  The problem I had was the modinstaller was trying to save the mod into the sixteen tons entertainment>emergency 4 folder.  When I installed the game everything went into a 911 First Responders folder, therefore it couldn't install the mod.  I just had to make those folders.  After about 5 hours of getting upset, I figured it out.