BeastyBill88

Flag Problems In Editor!

As the title says!

I have spend the last 4 hours trying to get this simple change to work and I am now at my wits end!

What I am trying to do is change the USA flag in the Rockport mod to a Canadian flag. Simple yes?!

Matter of the fact no... It f**king isn't. I has tired to copy the (Canadian) flag files in from the Harbour City mod to the correct folders in the Rockport mod. I have renamed them to something different then the Rockport flag I want to keep (the Rockport flag is called la_flag and the Canadian flag is called usa_flag so it overwrites the USA flag). Yet everytime I do it I either get the Rockport flag being changed to a Canadian flag so I end up with 2 Canadian flags OR I end up with 2 Rockport flags! I can't have 1 Rockport flag and 1 Canadian flag its BOTH Canadian flags or BOTH Rockport ones... I can't understand what I am doing wrong its something which is incredibly simple yet no, I can't get it to work...

For the love of god will someone please help me before I end up launching my laptop out the nearest window!

And sorry if it doesn't make much sense, but its like 6am and I have ended up spending most of the night trying to get this sodding thing to work.

The files for the flag you copied from one mod folder to the other, one of them is a .v3o file. Open that in notepad and change the texture name.

Oooooh I didn't know I could open .v3o files in notepad, I will have a look and see if it works. Thanks for the tip... Um randomperson lol

Sorry for double posting, but there are 3 different names:

SRF, la_flag_pole, 0, 0, 0, la_flag_pole.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, la_flag_socket, 0, 0, 0, la_flag_socket.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, la_flag_fabric, 0, 0, 0, la_flag_fabric.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, , 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Which one(s) do I change? and do I change it to the name of the file which is canadian_flag.v3o?

I presume la_flag_fabric is the actual flag part...

You need to have another .dds (texture) file for the Canadian flag, that needs to have a different name.

Change the name of the Canadian flag texture to canadian_flag_fabric.dds and then change la_flag_fabric.dds in the .v3o file to the new file name.

well. La_flag_pole must be the... pole 

The la_flag_socket must be the sockets... 

So that kinda leaves us with the fabric :)

Change the la_flag_fabric.dds to whatever your dds file is called :)

And it can be almost all picture formats(dds, jpg, png ect.)