CFDDIVE11

Long Grove House explosion levels one house damages 50+

Yesterday around 11pm the Countryside fire department responded to a reported house explosion at 4773 Trenton Court. When the first company arrived they found a house completely leveled with 50 others damages. The alarm was raised immediately to a 2nd alarm. It's believed to be caused by a natural gas explosion, the home owner reported walking outside and then the house exploding. 

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/2014/04/2nd-alarm-for-the-explosion-in-long-grove-4-25-14/

(THESE PICTURES ARE NOT MINE I GOT THEM OFF A SITE I FOLLOW)

I will post more updates as i see them.

Long Grove - Report of a structure fire at 4700 BLK Trenton Ct.(SB)

UPDATE 1: Multiple explosions occurred at a house, reported multiple houses on fire. MABAS 2nd alarm requested. No initial injuries reported.

UPDATE 2: House is reported to be leveled. Debris are over in surrounding neighborhoods.

UPDATE 3: MABAS 2nd alarm has been struck out, all units to continue working on-scene. No other equipment or units will be needed. Per Lake County Sheriff, numerous houses all along Wellington Drive & Doncaster Court have been damaged by the fire.

UPDATE 4: Per Dispatch, State Fire Marshal & ATF have been contacted. Investigators have also been contacted and are en-route/on-scene

They are unfortunately

The probable cause of this explosion is natural gas, the security guard of the neighborhood called the gas company and the gas company guy came out and noticed a generator on fire in back of the house he was able to alert the homeowner of the fire and when they got out the house exploded.