SondreEinarsen

Edited mod won't return to original state [EM4, Vista, Norway mod 1,2]

So, I was messing around with the Norway mod, adding and removing certain buildings to the freeplay map, as I was trying to make a new FD station. Unfortunately I messed up some paths and spawns doing this and the map was simply unplayable after my modifications (vehicles unable to return to base, etc.).

I figured I'd just delete the mod and re-install the whole thing via the modinstaller, but for some reason the old map is stuck. I've made sure to have all sufficient access (UAC is disabled anyhow) and made sure that I was running the modinstaller with admin rights. 

I even tried uninstalling it via the modinstaller before reinstalling, that didn't work either.

Any ideas what might work?

Thanks.

Uninstall it via the modinstaller, then manually go into the game dir and delete any file(s) that may be left behind.  Sometimes it doesnt remove every file that was added to the mod when you alter them...

EX:

C:\Program Files\EM4\Mods\NorwayMod\

Delete the norway mod folder and with it anything that was added should go away too.

Note:

If the mod altered the original gamefiles (ones with custom installers theoretically can) then those changes cannot be undone with this method unless you uninstall the whole game and delete the game folder manually.

Hi, thanks for the swift reply.

Already did that, no files left and I tried manually deleting them once too.

Also, the mod didn't alter any original gamefiles, I only messed with the files in the Norway Mod. folder, also any other mod works just fine.

I have no clue why it keeps the old "corrupted" map, I even tried re-downloading the mod itself and installing all from fresh, no dice.

other people complain on that, ive never had it happen so you could try what everyone else has had to do to resolve it, which is to remove the whole game and reinstall everything... Sometimes that works for them.

manually remove everything from program files associated to em4/fr...  there is no reason if you do that which should keep any files any longer. Then reinstall the game, and dl a new copy of the mod and install that... You may have incidentally overwritten the original mod you downloaded.