FDNYEMS22

Why am I lagging?

I'm guessing it's a notebook computer with an amd card that shares the memory with the system ram... IF that is the case, then you have to lower the settings drastically and the resolution should also be reduced as well in order to give the computer the best shot at running the game lag-free... Notebook cards unless they are dedicated video cards like some of the Nvidia cards are will tend to lag regardless of what you do to them, especially if they share memory with the system ram.

I'm guessing it's a notebook computer with an amd card that shares the memory with the system ram... IF that is the case, then you have to lower the settings drastically and the resolution should also be reduced as well in order to give the computer the best shot at running the game lag-free... Notebook cards unless they are dedicated video cards like some of the Nvidia cards are will tend to lag regardless of what you do to them, especially if they share memory with the system ram.

The settings were all the way down, and yes it is a notebook. What should I change the resolution to?

Thanks.

800x600 would probrably be best.  In the end there isnt much you can do it really depends on which mods you are trying to play in whether or not it will lag, some of the new mods are very hard on gpu's and your notebook integrated card simply may not be able to handle that mod.

They are attempting to optimize some of their mods, which ultimately is the driving factor of whether or not a modification will lag.  EM4 simply put lacks the overall graphics customization required to make an integrated card run well.. Games with alot of advanced settings tend to fare better against the integrated card, but if you have an integrated card really all you can do is to alter a mod to have less lighting effects and smoke particles and that will make it run better.  But to do that you gotta know how to mod a bit.

They are attempting to optimize some of their mods, which ultimately is the driving factor of whether or not a modification will lag.  EM4 simply put lacks the overall graphics customization required to make an integrated card run well.. Games with alot of advanced settings tend to fare better against the integrated card, but if you have an integrated card really all you can do is to alter a mod to have less lighting effects and smoke particles and that will make it run better.  But to do that you gotta know how to mod a bit.

Would I be better off just getting a new PC?

Also try closing down other program's if you have them open

I have been using GameBooster before playing.

To buy a new computer seems a waste to me since you've got one that works... Its just that certain games with an integrated card are hard to run cleanly.  It's the trade-off in buying a computer with an integrated card, a real 3D card costs alot more money in a notebook, but notebooks arent really meant for gaming anyway, they are built for mobility.. Ultimately what helps you run a mod is the developers gearing them for all the computer types out there, some developers do that, the latest BOF mod is capable of running on an intel chipset so you should be able to run that one without problems.  IF you do have problems go into the editor and remove some of the lights off the vehicles and that will make a large impact on the performance issues.

The only way to justify a new computer is for games like GTA IV and things like that you'd definately need a new one to do.... If you are a relatively casual gamer yours is fine, if you play a ton of high performance games and wish to do so on a mobile computer you'll have to be willing to put out around 1200+ for it.  Most mobile computers simply arent meant for gaming but can do them to a point.

To buy a new computer seems a waste to me since you've got one that works... Its just that certain games with an integrated card are hard to run cleanly.  It's the trade-off in buying a computer with an integrated card, a real 3D card costs alot more money in a notebook, but notebooks arent really meant for gaming anyway, they are built for mobility.. Ultimately what helps you run a mod is the developers gearing them for all the computer types out there, some developers do that, the latest BOF mod is capable of running on an intel chipset so you should be able to run that one without problems.  IF you do have problems go into the editor and remove some of the lights off the vehicles and that will make a large impact on the performance issues.

The only way to justify a new computer is for games like GTA IV and things like that you'd definately need a new one to do.... If you are a relatively casual gamer yours is fine, if you play a ton of high performance games and wish to do so on a mobile computer you'll have to be willing to put out around 1200+ for it.  Most mobile computers simply arent meant for gaming but can do them to a point.

I was planning on purchasing a new PC anyway to be able to play GTA IV/V (when released).

Here is what I put together:

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($152.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Enermax ETS-T40-TB 86.7 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory:  A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($61.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor:  ViewSonic VA2249S 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1001.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 01:01 EDT-0400)

Let me know how this is.

Thanks.

Thats a proper desktop the price i was quoting was for a notebook (mobile, mein that could do GTAIV was 1250). Yours will be fine for most games, you may want to consider upping the physical ram a bit more if you want to do gtaV idk what that game will need but i'm sure it would be more demanding than GTA IV was most likely... Plus future games will be worse i'm sure.

Personally i'm not a big fan of Gigabyte motherboards, burned trough 3 myself in a very short time(less then 6months).

I'm sticking with Asus boards for now, and for 7$ more you could do the same with: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99xevor20

Little faster support(on memory and CPU's), Onboard vid(should your PCI-E burn out), and Crossfire support(should you later on want to expand)

using a GTX760 myself and already very pleased with that.

everything looks fine besides the motherboard...

am slightly doubting about your power supply though,

Since when i upgraded to a I5, with the GTX760, i needed to stash a 950Watt power unit(but that might as well be because i have 4other hard disks)

2x your memory size could not hurt either(16GB), i'm running on 32GB and some games do fail to acces memory due to it being full. :(

The Memory issue is a big deal because not all games are 64 enabled, so having more ram doesnt work with those games unless they are 64bit... Sucks but the way memory is handled means that some games, especially older ones won't ever see the whole system's memory, nor be able to use it.  But newer games that are 64 bit will take advantage of the ram, and at least your system will have it.

yeah i know that being the issue for games like EM4, just 4GB will be supported in that game, as well as just 1 core of the CPU.

But this is not the game that gives me memory crashes, new(er) games like:

- Divinity Dragon Commander

- Wargame Red Dragon

- Total War Rome II

- COD.

- Saints row: 4

Usually work fine for about 3hours without stopping the game and restarting it.

But i'm not to worried, i know it has to do with everything running on the background while i play games;

- Mod tools

- Spreadsheats

- 3D-Moddeling software

- Photoshop

- E-mail program

- Browser with flash objects running.

- Converting movies

- Converting music

- Burning Disks

- Having a 24/7 NAS back up copying

- Using the PC as server for 4 websites

- Using a TV card hooked to a 54" screen to watch TV while i play

and all things like that Xd.....what can i say?....just love multi tasking :sporty:

at any rate, that leaves me with about ±8GB free ram to play on games with everything running and doing its thing.

Then at some point after a intense game session i get the (in)famous blue screen with a memory dump.

So all fine...just knowing that 8GB for OS + new game can be a little short.

That'd be the truth with the 4-8 gb config, you blow through it amazingly fast... I'd go for 16 in his case and I think he'll be okey, esp if he has a board that is upgradable