Joseph M

Problem with new map!

Hey guys I have been playing EM4 off and on since it was released forever and a day ago.  I recently got a bug and wanted to start playing again and see what kinda new mods are out there for it.  I must say I'm very impressed with some of the new stuff that this community has put out.  Kudos to all of you.

Currently what I'm running.

• LA Mod
  • Supervisor Enhanced
  • Additional units Sub mod v.1-2
  • E4LM LA v.1.01
  • Sirens 
  • Wods map second edition v1.1
  • Cleaned up with Emergency 4 configuerator.exe for my high end computer

3 Quick Questions that I hope you guys can help me out with.

1)With New free-play map second edition v-1.1 The traffic seems to get backed up really bad. And some of my units can't patrol and they can't seem to get back to the station with out me baby sitting them home.  How do I fix that if I can?

1b) On that map some of the sick people are wayyyy near the edge of the map and I can't seem to see them with out some serious camera manipulation- is there a camera setting I can use to help see the edge of the map better?

2)The New Free-play Map v 1.3 seems to crash after about 3 to 4 minutes of play Is that fixable.  I think it's from traffic but I'm not sure

After all these years I thought this site was dead until I saw recent posts great to see there are still people out there that play this game.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey guys I have been playing EM4 off and on since it was released forever and a day ago.  I recently got a bug and wanted to start playing again and see what kinda new mods are out there for it.  I must say I'm very impressed with some of the new stuff that this community has put out.  Kudos to all of you.

Currently what I'm running.

• LA Mod
  • Supervisor Enhanced
  • Additional units Sub mod v.1-2
  • E4LM LA v.1.01
  • Sirens 
  • Wods map second edition v1.1
  • Cleaned up with Emergency 4 configuerator.exe for my high end computer

3 Quick Questions that I hope you guys can help me out with.

1)With New free-play map second edition v-1.1 The traffic seems to get backed up really bad. And some of my units can't patrol and they can't seem to get back to the station with out me baby sitting them home.  How do I fix that if I can?

1b) On that map some of the sick people are wayyyy near the edge of the map and I can't seem to see them with out some serious camera manipulation- is there a camera setting I can use to help see the edge of the map better?

2)The New Free-play Map v 1.3 seems to crash after about 3 to 4 minutes of play Is that fixable.  I think it's from traffic but I'm not sure

After all these years I thought this site was dead until I saw recent posts great to see there are still people out there that play this game.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1) Wood's Map has always had traffic problems if I remember correctly. Just when you think you are getting traffic cleared up, they get backed up somewhere else. I think there are even some stoplights that are malfunctioned that causes traffic to jam also.

1b) See below.

2) I haven't played any of Woods maps in at least a couple years and don't plan on installing it now after the nightmare it was in the past. Does it CTD with any errors, or after you do a certain thing (like getting a hose)? Can you post the log file so we can take a look at it? That will give us a general idea of what is causing the crash if not the full answer.

Is the camera hack on this site or is it something I need to get elsewhere 

I have no idea how to even change the paths... - Basically what I have done was found where their start point is and I put a cop their permanently to turn them around right away 

Found this on LA Mod FAQ website, is this what the camera hack is suppose to be or is it a actual program? Very rarely do I get someone on edge of map but I never had a issue not being able to get to or see the person.

How can I get the camera hack?

To zoom in or out further and get different angles you only have to edit some settings in the configuration file.

To do that, open em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg) with WordPad located in your Emergency 4 directory.

You can change the following values: mincamz, maxcamz, mincampitch and/or maxcampitch.

The screenshots on the LA mod website have been taken using the following values:

"e4_maxcampitch" value="80."

"e4_maxcamz" value="3500"

"e4_mincampitch" value="15"

"e4_mincamz" value="100."