Steve Winters

911 First Responders ModInstaller Error

Afternoon to the forums,

I've had this issue before and I managed to fix it, but now that I've had to redownload the game, from atari, I'm having issues with the modinstaller again to the point that it will not work what so ever.

I've followed this from M1 Tanker,

Problem Solved, see below how I got it to work. I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then
hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to
expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand
the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.
Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.
In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking
on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here http://forum.emergen...er-not-working/ . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1

I've gone by it word by word, changed "Emergency 4" to 911 - First Responders" but still, no luck at all.

Is there any other solutions to solving this problem? I've tried re-installing, but there's no luck doing that either. I've looked at a comment that said download the latest patches but all I see are language patches, not a game patch.

Is there anything I can do to get this working? If it means anything, I'm running windows 7, x64, ultimate. Legit copy.

Legit copy of the game was bought too.

Please and thanks,

Steve.

I created a desktop shortcut for the EM4.exe file, right click > properties > target line and added this in > "C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Em4.exe" -editor and it's still giving me this error. I've never had such an issue with this bloody thing before.

That still isn't working either. Anything else?

I'm wondering if the download from atari doesn't include the files for the modinstaller. I've read that on a website somewhere. Could that be the issue? I'm going to try and uninstalling it tomorrow and add the target line fresh before I do anything else like add mods, which is all I have done.

It wouldn't be such a huge issue if none of the big mods coming out weren't coming out as modinstaller files.

bump - Moderators, can you please close this. I've fixed my issue.

For future reference, how I fixed it. I re-installed my game, and instead of installing the game as 911 - First Responders, I installed it as Emergency 4 by doing this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 and then followed the steps I posted in my first post.

I didn't think of doing this in M1 Tankers solution in my first post. For anyone with future problems, follow M1 Tankers word by word.