bama1234

Fire Station Bugs

I'm looking for the community's help in solving a few bugs.

I've made a new fire station model, with physics and everything already set up. It replaces FS 1 in the LA mod and has 2 bays instead of 5. I deleted the lines of code in the LA fire station scripts for those gates and the units that were in them, and set it up so that the USAR and Engine 2 spawn in the bays.

Important note: the new FS model does not have rear bays, so the trucks need to back into the bays and be facing the right direction.

It's fairly buggy right now and I have little scripting experience so I'm looking for some help here. Either PM me or reply to this topic if you have any suggestions or need any more information.

Bugs:

-units will return into the station but don't back in (which is not that big a deal, but..) and when it stops in its bay it is facing diagonally inside the station.

-Engine 2 doesn't restaff itself when you ring the alarm after it's returned to the station and its occupants have emptied.

Post the script please. I'll read through it tonight/tomorrow and see what I can find or fix. :)

*EDIT* Can you also PM me a screencap of the Virtual objects used in the firestation, want to make sure its all linked correctly.

Post the script please. I'll read through it tonight/tomorrow and see what I can find or fix. :)

*EDIT* Can you also PM me a screencap of the Virtual objects used in the firestation, want to make sure its all linked correctly.

I'll PM you those things.

I've attached the ToFireStation and FireStation scripts of the Manhatty Mody v3 to this post.

They might further help you because they're edited versions of the LA Mod's fire station scripts and are set up for bays with 1 door (no rear bays, like you want).

The script is set up for four seperate fire stations with a total of 7 bays.

Note: the fire station script is a simplefied version of the LA Mod's one. It does not contain alarm commands, nor commands to call crew/personnel. It only contains the scripts to hide/show the roof and to open the front gates.

Good luck with your mod,

Hoppah

scripts.rar

I've attached the ToFireStation and FireStation scripts of the Manhatty Mody v3 to this post.

They might further help you because they're edited versions of the LA Mod's fire station scripts and are set up for bays with 1 door (no rear bays, like you want).

The script is set up for four seperate fire stations with a total of 7 bays.

Note: the fire station script is a simplefied version of the LA Mod's one. It does not contain alarm commands, nor commands to call crew/personnel. It only contains the scripts to hide/show the roof and to open the front gates.

Good luck with your mod,

Hoppah

Thanks Hoppah, that may come in handy :holdglass:

Update: all but two bugs fixed

Bama, I think I have a fix for your first problem involving the fire trucks not backing in properly..... I think me and a buddy had that figured out but I can't remember clearly since it has been so long. So let me get in touch with him to find out for sure and get back to you.

The alarm constantly ringing is a bug I've come across that occurs when you do certain things. If I pause the game whilst it's ringing, the alarm will sound constantly even though, as you say, the button is 'off'. - The OC-D

That's odd. It probably has something to do with the for-loop in the code, I'm combing through that right now

Bama, I think I have a fix for your first problem involving the fire trucks not backing in properly..... I think me and a buddy had that figured out but I can't remember clearly since it has been so long. So let me get in touch with him to find out for sure and get back to you.

Sure thing, just let me know.

Which two bugs?

The ones remaining on the OP.

+ Engine 2 doesn't re-staff itself when you ring the alarm after it's returned to the station.

Update - alarm bug fixed, had to do with the station having a Special Light on it, was causing the alarm to loop.