Chris07

ZModeler3 Shift Center Point

I recently edited an ambulance model (LA Mod Vintage Ambulance) in ZModeler3. I exported it as a V3O when complete and gave it to our Mod team's lighter. Our lighter did an AWESOME job in lighting the model, however, I realized that the model in the v3o file was off center! :tongue2: In being off center, the circular icon below the vehicle was at the bottom right of the model instead of being dead center (In the editor, the model rotated about the bottom right corner).

My question is, is there a way in ZModeler3 to shift the center point of the model without SHIFTING the model to the default center? If I shift the model iteself, the lights become out of position....which would force my lighter to have to redo the lights!!

Can anyone spar my lighter the headache of redoing the awesome lights?

You're talking about the (central) axes. There is no other way unfortunately. If you move the center point to the center of the vehicle (and re-export to a new .v3o model), the vehicle will be positioned correctly in comparison to the axis. However, you will have to move all doors, childs, lights to the new position too.