Guest e34p

Roads going up a hill

Guest e34p

How do you make a road go up a slope? I've tried using the 'raise' tool but it doesn't keep the road level. Does anyone know how to do this?

I want to make a winding road going up a hill

Guest e34p

But how do you make the floor raise as a slope with a level road (texture) on it? Where you raise the floor, it raises in squares which obviously doesn't keep the road part level.

Unfortunately, I don't think the editor supports import and export functions for heightmaps (a grayscale image that shows the floor height), which can be made in photoshop. You will have to manually smoothen/soften the terrain by using different tools. This can be really time consuming before you get what you. Trying out different settings, masks or brushes is recommended. The town in US Army mod's map is on a sloped hill too. With all the roads and alleys it took me a while to get it the way I wanted it to be. Make sure to create the texture first, then play with the ground heights.

Hoppah