HDMods

Emergency 4 mod problem

When i try to replace a vehicle in the editor, the vehicle gets a different skin it's like a bright does anyone know how to fix it?

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean by "it's like a bright" so we can help you.

If it's just a white model, it meansthe texture file for the model isn't in the right place. Have you got a texture file for the new model?

There are only 3 possible issues I believe could've caused this error:

1. You've got a corrupted UV map file.

2. You've got a missing texture file.

3. You've renamed the original texture file, yet not edited the model config to tell it to use your new UV map instead of the old one.

Possible Fixes:

1. Re-download NNICOs Crown Victoria model from here:

Use this vehicle instead, and it should work for you as it always works for me :happy:

2. You have to ensure all the files that came with the model go in to the 'Model/Vehicles/Police' folder, and not just the file "Victoria.v3o". This means you have to drag in all those other ones, included therein the door files, and most importantly, the PNG files.

3. If you've messed around with the name of the texture file, you might get this error. For example, if you renamed "Victoria.png" to something like "DCPD.png" (DC Police Department), and you haven't 'told' the model you've done this, you'll get an error. Quite simply, go to the "Victoria.v3o" file, right-click it and open it up in Notepad. (I would recommend getting Notepad++, but Notepad will do).

Search for this line of code:

[VNUM=1.43]

[NUMSURFACES=2]

[NUMVERTICES=2376]

[NUMBLENDVERTS=0]

[NUMPOLYGONS=2441]

[NUMBONES=0]

[NUMMUSCLEANIMS=0]

[NUMMUSCLEFRAMES=0]

SRF, Crown, 0, 0, 0, Victoria.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

SRF, LED, 0, 0, 0, whelen.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

It's at the very top. Simply change the part SRF, Crown, 0, 0, 0, Victoria.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 replacing Victoria.png with DCPD.png.

SRF, Crown, 0, 0, 0, Victoria.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 (BEFORE)

SRF, Crown, 0, 0, 0, DCPD.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 (AFTER)

If none of these work, simply re-download it and start from the beginning.