EmergencyFan97

Looking to Get a New Laptop

OK, so I'm looking to get a new laptop. A nice one, but it has to be cheap. $500 or under. 250+ GB of memory would be preferred. It would be used mainly for gaming. I was thinking maybe a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5518, but I wanted some input from people who knew more about computers or had owned one. Any input is appreciated guys.

I mean if your looking for gaming laptops it is not really cheapest thing, it cost more for a laptop to be equal or better than game performance on a desktop. That being said, if you are still getting a laptop one of the key factors for gaming in it is the graphics card. Unlike desktops where you can install new graphics card or power supplies, laptops usually can't be upgraded. I would tend to shy away from any laptop with Intel graphics, but that is a personal opinion. The amount of Ram also is a thing to consider. For a laptop four is usually the minimum and six would be preferable, helps run games or multiple thing at one time faster. Lastly on my list of things to look for is also the motherboard. I am only up to date on the Intel series, which I would say try to get at least a i5 or higher, but there are others besides Intel which I do not have much knowledge on. So where does this all lead to, I would buy a desktop. A little factor to consider is what games do you want to play and at what quality? Games like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim or GTA 4 are defiantly going to require more power than Minecraft would. But if you are dead set on getting a laptop, try and buy during a sale or something so you can get more for less, cause you can't upgrade them so you want to pick something that can run current and future games, think of keeping it for at least three years. After quickly looking over the link I would personally, my opinion at least, keep looking and wait for the next big sales events, really should have checked around Black Friday. A easy way to get information on the parts you don't know is to Google it "amd radeontm hd 6310 good for gaming." It's not 100% accurate etc, but it gives you some views and thoughts on it. As for the PC you linked, I don't like the fact that it has only 3GB of RAM. Out of that 3, the windows itself takes some of it so it's not even a full 3gb when you are using it. I used to have a Toshiba laptop, I would just stay way from them, or at least that one. I'm not saying DELL is the answer either, but I really would do some more looking. Last bit of advice is really do research, or as much as you can before you buy. You are the consumer, make sure you know what you are buying cause people at a best buy or other places goal is to sell. Be a informed buyer and good luck.

I am never, EVER buying a Dell again. Just thought I'd throw that our there. Also, my budget has expanded considerably with the realization that I could and should sell some of the stuff currently gathering dust in my room.

Miercolini, I was looking at that one earlier and decided it was going to be a no. I was thinking perhaps one of the other Toshiba models, but I haven't done any particularly in-depth research.

Redhawk, I wish I had the knowledge to put together a computer. I definitely would if I had the know-how, but I don't.