SaRJimbob2236

New here, want to learn.

Hello,

I am new to the forum, however not new to EM4 or putting mods into the game. However, I totally suck at actually making mods, and am really lost. I'd like to make learn to make small submods, and I have an idea for an actual large mod, but like I said. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing here! Where should I start? Should I just be dredging the internet on information? Or will someone help? Anyway, if anyone could help, either post or message me, or just tell me I'm an idiot for not seeing something thats probably either on youtube or like 10 pages down the forum. Thanks!

SaR Jimbob.

Edit: sorry, didn't specify. I'm posting in LA Mod because its the only way I play Emergency (I've tried going back to the original and I just can't do it.). I'm wanting to learn how to do all of this by making submods for LA mod, cultivating in a large mod (not even sure how to think about even thinking about it).

Welcome to the forum.

The best place for you to start would be reskinning the LA Mod models, there is a tutorial explaining how to unlock the files and reskin here.

You could also replace vehicles on the fire stations, but that is more difficult as it requires editing scripts. The tutorial for that can be found here if you're interested.

If you then want to do more than just reskin models, the best thing to do is learn to model and create skins from scratch. If you're interested in making your own mod, I would also suggest reading this. If you start modelling, then decide you want to start a mod, people on here will be more willing to help than if you can't do anything.

If you get stuck with anything, or need more help, there are plenty of help topics around the forum and i'm sure plenty of people will help should you have any problems.