Dyson

Company of Heroes: Modern Combat

Yo guys, so I just bought CoH Opposing fronts, to try out the mod. And it seems impossible to patch CoH, like it took me an hour to get it to 2.031, and I need to get it up to 2.0.61 or whatever the latest one is.

I mean I'm just super confused with this mod, the install instructions are clear, but the support is very vague, so any help would be appreciated if anyone has any.

x

Crappy is an understatement! haha but yeah got a hard copy, bought both CoH and OF expansion, I was very pissed off to find that you can just patch up to the expansion, waste of £10. But yeah the mod is up to date, but when I load up the mod it just loads the normal game, so I updated all the way to 2.062, and now my game wont load, I'm sick of this game already and only played one skirmish, even that wasn't great the enemy spawned a blockade of tanks. Driving me to despair!

Crappy is an understatement! haha but yeah got a hard copy, bought both CoH and OF expansion, I was very pissed off to find that you can just patch up to the expansion, waste of £10. But yeah the mod is up to date, but when I load up the mod it just loads the normal game, so I updated all the way to 2.062, and now my game wont load, I'm sick of this game already and only played one skirmish, even that wasn't great the enemy spawned a blockade of tanks. Driving me to despair!

You can't just patch up the expansion, you actually have to buy the expansions to get their additions. The patchs are just developed side by side so the versions for the most part remain the same. I haven't played COH in a while but back in the day when you launched a mod if you didn't include the -dev command the mods wouldn't load and the shortcut would just launch regular COH. Try the Battle of the Bulge mod, it's has an auto installer and is fairly simple. I would make sure you play the vanilla first before jumping into mods since mods tend to add onto vanilla gameplay in more complex ways.

I loved this game so much the first few years after it came out. I'd play the campaign first in the vanilla game to get used to it though.

Hardcopies kind of suck for COH these days unless you can intergrate with Steam. I have OF and COH boxed but during a sale I shelled out like 3 bucks for the complete pack on Steam and it's a lot less hassle. Relic adopted Steam and now you kind of have to adapt or die.

You can't just patch up the expansion, you actually have to buy the expansions to get their additions. The patchs are just developed side by side so the versions for the most part remain the same. I haven't played COH in a while but back in the day when you launched a mod if you didn't include the -dev command the mods wouldn't load and the shortcut would just launch regular COH. Try the Battle of the Bulge mod, it's has an auto installer and is fairly simple. I would make sure you play the vanilla first before jumping into mods since mods tend to add onto vanilla gameplay in more complex ways.

I loved this game so much the first few years after it came out. I'd play the campaign first in the vanilla game to get used to it though.

Hardcopies kind of suck for COH these days unless you can intergrate with Steam. I have OF and COH boxed but during a sale I shelled out like 3 bucks for the complete pack on Steam and it's a lot less hassle. Relic adopted Steam and now you kind of have to adapt or die.

Thanks for the reply

Well I played DOW2 which runs exactly the same THQ engine, so I already knew how to play, but yeah I do play the vanilla too, just not as much.

And I finally got it to work, I gave up on getting it to work on the copy of OF I bought, and instead 'acquired' ToV and got it to work with that. Makes me mad how little support THQ or Relic were offering, but yeah, got it to work now so not fussed, and who said pirating doesn't pay off? Not sure what the moral to this story is...

x

Okay, uninstall CoH, patch to each patch before 2.62 then patch it to that. I'd also advise uninstalling MC. BTW, you don't launch Modern Combat through CoH, the actual launcher with the install. Have you been doing that?

-Handsup! -Company of Heroes Veteran.

EDIT: XD saw you fixed it, i'm a fail. You should of picked up the full version 2.602 with both expansions for a dollar on steam.

EDIT 2: Just reported my own post for necroposting.