heyjoojoo

Is it possible to change animation on a person? To make them hold something like a microphone?

I have created another "person" in my personal Mod. This person is a news reporter and I would like to make them hold a microhone. What steps would I need to do in order to make this happen.

Possibilites: Maybe create a model of a person holding their hand up in front of their chest and then another model of the person not holding anthing? Not sure... Any insight? Maybe their's already a person model that holds something aside from a gun. Maybe use another person that exists?

Any suggestions appreciated.

I have created another "person" in my personal Mod. This person is a news reporter and I would like to make them hold a microhone. What steps would I need to do in order to make this happen.

Possibilites: Maybe create a model of a person holding their hand up in front of their chest and then another model of the person not holding anthing? Not sure... Any insight? Maybe their's already a person model that holds something aside from a gun. Maybe use another person that exists?

Any suggestions appreciated.

There's already a 'talkmike' animation where a person holds a microphone, there's even a microphone equipment you can assign.

x

place your person on the map, open it's properties from the task bar and select "edit traits"

there you can find the mic and select it as equipment.

might also be possible to add it in with a script and remove aswell.

greetz

So I can add this trait from within the Editor?

yes you can!

it's all in the properties/traits dialogue where you can also adjust on which path people are gonna move or in which vehicle they are trapped in at accidents.

but remember: you can add bottles, weapons, mics etc to people in the editor and save it on the map, but if you want it to be removed again (let's say for a mission) you would need to script that!

of course you can just select "none" as equipment again in the editor if still working in there :D;)

yes you can!

it's all in the properties/traits dialogue where you can also adjust on which path people are gonna move or in which vehicle they are trapped in at accidents.

but remember: you can add bottles, weapons, mics etc to people in the editor and save it on the map, but if you want it to be removed again (let's say for a mission) you would need to script that!

of course you can just select "none" as equipment again in the editor if still working in there :D;)

So when I opened the editor and selected 'talkmike', I just clicked okay. Hope that's correct.

I need to add the microphone to the hands of the person like adding a lightbar to a car?

There's already a 'talkmike' animation where a person holds a microphone, there's even a microphone equipment you can assign.

x

I saw the option in the animation panel. I'm just not sure how to add it. I'm totally familiar with adding child components to models and traits, lights, etc... but never tinkered in that part of the editor. Do I just select 'talkmic' and click okay?

if that's the "equipment name" for the mic, i guess so! there's probably an animation for the person holding it correctly too!

So I'm a little confused. I just select the 'talkmike' and that's it? Or do I need to do anything else in the Editor?

1. Place a person model on map and click on them

2. Click Properties (bottom left)

3. Select the 'talkmike' animation from the list

4. Edit Traits option

5. There should be a drop down menu for equipment click on that

6. select microphone.

I thought someone would have spelled it out by now, but yeah

x

1. Place a person model on map and click on them

2. Click Properties (bottom left)

3. Select the 'talkmike' animation from the list

4. Edit Traits option

5. There should be a drop down menu for equipment click on that

6. select microphone.

I thought someone would have spelled it out by now, but yeah

x

Misread your reply... sorry. Thanks Dyson. I was wondering the same thing...