Wills1995

Mod installer does not work despite Registry edit ?

So i've been wanting to get this fixed for some time now, i purchased a legal digital download of the game from gamersgate a while back.

After completing the campaign I tried installing mods, only to find the mod installer doesn't work, it gives, "Emergency 3 is not properly installed, please re-install" every time, i have tried contacting strategy first support and their support reps told me i had to install to

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3 for the game to work correctly, however i have tried reinstalling the game to this location and it is to no avail.

I currently have the game installed in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategy First\Emergency 3

I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and i have tried the registry edit for both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This has still not resolved the problem.

I've included a printscreen of the two registry keys i've added incase i've incorrectly named the registry keys during the fix.

If anyone could tell me how to install mods without the installer, i'm also looking to install the london mod, i am unsure if this is available to download without being in .e3mod format, which i am unable to install due to the installer not functioning correctly.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and thank you in advance :)

post-35653-0-45849900-1344617135.png

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

post-35653-0-62511200-1344617354.png

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

post-35653-0-42451300-1344617360.png

My game is the UK version, as when i downloaded it it already included the modinstaller, and, yes, i have tried those instructions.

I don't suppose you'd be able to download the emergency 3 london mod, install it then send me the folders if you have emergency 3? I would love to play the london mod, but since the modinstaller isn't working i can't open .e3mod files, so i need the mod folder itself, i.e the "london mod" folder with all of the mod files inside it in their respective subfolders.

If you have the game and could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated, if you can't do you know if there's anyway of converting an emergency 4 mod to work with emergency 3.

I would purchase emergency 4 but it is ridiculously difficult to buy in the UK. I can find 911 first responders for download on amazon but am unsure if emergency 4 mods will work with it, also the reviews state that the download includes a corrupted version of the mod installer which is the same problem i encountered with emergency 3 download, and i did purchase this legally.

My game is the UK version, as when i downloaded it it already included the modinstaller, and, yes, i have tried those instructions.

I don't suppose you'd be able to download the emergency 3 london mod, install it then send me the folders if you have emergency 3? I would love to play the london mod, but since the modinstaller isn't working i can't open .e3mod files, so i need the mod folder itself, i.e the "london mod" folder with all of the mod files inside it in their respective subfolders.

If you have the game and could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated, if you can't do you know if there's anyway of converting an emergency 4 mod to work with emergency 3.

I would purchase emergency 4 but it is ridiculously difficult to buy in the UK. I can find 911 first responders for download on amazon but am unsure if emergency 4 mods will work with it, also the reviews state that the download includes a corrupted version of the mod installer which is the same problem i encountered with emergency 3 download, and i did purchase this legally.

I already tried the London Mod for Emergency 3,in my opinion it's not even worth it to download due to the "unrealism" of the sounds and freeplay map.So your saying you can't buy the download version of Emergency 4 on Amazon? It's wierd that they have it here in the U.S but not where you are. O.o