heyjoojoo

Has anyone taken on modding GTA IV? I'm considering it....

I certainly don't intend on replacing my experience of EM4 with GTA. Plus, my understanding is that both games are totally different which is understood. But wondering how mod-friendly it is. Is there a Los Angeles Mod for GTA? Seen a lot of youtube videos and it looks intriguing.

- Kareem

Em4 is more open to modding, the basic principles of modding both games is,

Emergency 4 - you add to the existing game

GTA4 - you replace what's already in game, like for like.

But GTA is more restrictive in its modding, but because of its popularity has been made more user friendly to mod.

Hope this was useful :) good luck!

x

It's pretty hard. Making a model isnt so hard. But adjusting a good texture which doesnt screw up things.

Like i did. This is what i managed to get working was the model but with a texture which used for headlights so it was one massive light lol.

I certainly don't intend on replacing my experience of EM4 with GTA. Plus, my understanding is that both games are totally different which is understood. But wondering how mod-friendly it is. Is there a Los Angeles Mod for GTA? Seen a lot of youtube videos and it looks intriguing.

- Kareem

There's a GTA IV - San Andreas which offers GTA:SA era Los Santos, the equivilant of Los Angeles.