kaligus

High Quality Police Sim Game

High Quality Police Sim Game  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of a game like this (read the topic please)?

• I would like to support, maybe helping Devs in Crowd-Funding
    • I would like to support only playing and spreading the word
    • I don't want to support it, but I will play
    • I did not like the idea...

@Dyson

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I am like this too, lol... I understand, don't worry... there is not much more to say about this, we hope people understand that too.

Thanks for the tip on poll

@CROPLAYER

Start a Crowd-Funding campaign is our final goal in this survey :)

But when we do, having at least some people that we know that can support us, we will also finish a prototype of the idea (very rough though)

POLL STARTED!!!

Please, people, vote... ;)

Sounds awesome if executed right. Like I said, if you need any information be shift hours, legal questions, life style questions, etc. let me know.

the most important things I look for in a game like this are the following:

-Realism: It's the first thing I care about in a simulation, so realistic uniforms, sirens, dispatches, procedures, CARS HANDLING

-Tactical gameplay (and when I say tactical I mean REALLY tactical, like ArmA II if you can compare)

-a deep gameplay full of options, from the character customization to the vehicles attitude.

-Different gears: it would be great to have to choose the equipment to wear that fits better a situation than another one

-Many weapons, used by the Real Life Law Enforcements, Lethal and not, from the pistol to the machinegun.

-Many vehicles, from the patrol car to the SWAT van

-Good animations

-Great variety of missions, from the boring traffic to the most difficult hostage situation

-Role selection. To let the player choose if dealing with undercover operations/special operations/normal duties

-Freeplay mod

-Realistic map, not the biggest map, but full of details, it's better!

Hi Kaligus. I have two quick questions for you. But before I ask, I must say I was very excited when I read someone was attempting to fully develop a game like this! I like(d) LCPD:FR, but I'm bored of it, simply because the calls are always the same.

So obviously, my first question is: How do you plan to keep this game interesting? Is there a huge amount of different calls?

Lastly, imagine you release this game and it's quite a succes. You sell a lot of copies. Will you stop development on this game and start a sequel, or will you continue to work on this game?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Multibullets,

Sorry the delay to answer, I was travelling :)

Thats nice to hear that there are more players willing to play this game. I agree with LCPDFR, I just got GTA IV do play it again...

1) The plan for the game is to simulate a life inside an action game. You will have to live the life of an officer (well, not really exacly real, of course), you will need food, go out to stress out, meet friends, etc. At the same time, you have to rank up your career, attending to many types of calls in different parts of the city (domestic problems, robbery, murders, street fights, traffics accidents, etc, and there are some few other great events calls (city birthday each year where you need to make some kind of different patrol, new year events, a public person in city, etc)... some times during the day you will have more traffic (rush hour), causing more problems to police, and another times, you will have less calls... there are a lot of things planned.

2) Talking as a owner of studio: of course NOT, hehe, if my game is selling, why stop developing? But a sequel is always welcome, speacilly if we need to make different gameplays to the game (multiplayer for example).

And talking as a police-fan games: no! This is also a personal desire for me, I really want to develop a game like this.

We are working hard to finish our first game for my game studio, and then we plan to start this project (maybe in the end of August).

Cheers

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions kaligus.

It's pretty cool you get to play the off-duty park of life as well, but I personally think it wouldn't be a smart idea to let the game be 50% on-duty and 50% off-duty, simply because people play the game to be cop =)

What can we expect on the graphics side of the game? Obviously it isn't going to be anything fancy like GTA. But what can we compare it to? Will it be along the lines of the german released 'Polizei' (see below)?

Polizei07.jpg

POLIZEI_SCREENSHOT_2.jpg

How much people will be working on this project? Will it have the studio's full attention?

Hey, thanks for the comments.

Well, actually, you can skip the "off-duty" part of the game anytime... the point here is: we want to make a simulation of the police character... I'm sure I explained a little bit more in another topics, please, take a look :)

We want to make graphics looks good, and for sure something like the Police Force game you said... more budget means better graphics.

If we start this for good, at least 4 people will be working this directly and maybe 8 to 10 indirectly. I mean, we have a small studio, but if we can get a good budget (investment) we can get freelancers and third party companies to help in production. This works for every company, not only mine :)

Cheers

Hey guys, sorry the delay on this... lot of things to do :) ... and I get no emails when someone post here ¬¬

Thanks for the support...

But as I said, this is not an active project yet, we were just making some survey to see what people like... the answers were positive in overall. We are still finishing some other projects... our webpage has more info

Cheers

Its nice to see some support, thanks. I already made a post in my blog explaining about the game progress... in short is, I can't aprove this to becoming active now with my team (priorities first for the company), but I always thought in making a game like this and now I am doing this on my own (for now, at least).

Soon enough I will make a new topic about alpha and beta tests...

Cheers