Wkboy714

Toggle walking/running

When playing the original EM4 campaign, I noticed emergency personnel would only walk until you purchased the option to run. And this made me think...

Would it be theoretically possible to switch between walking and running for your emergency personnel whilst in game?

I imagine that you would need to change the animation and the speed of the person to do this. There are already scripts to change speed, so would the animation part be possible?

I know it's not the most important feature ever, but I think it'd add to the pleasure and immersion of the game, could easily be added into all mods, and would definitely please me to play with (for example walking to non-urgent calls or patrolling, and running for a sense of extra urgency) :)

When playing the original EM4 campaign, I noticed emergency personnel would only walk until you purchased the option to run. And this made me think...

Would it be theoretically possible to switch between walking and running for your emergency personnel whilst in game?

I imagine that you would need to change the animation and the speed of the person to do this. There are already scripts to change speed, so would the animation part be possible?

I know it's not the most important feature ever, but I think it'd add to the pleasure and immersion of the game, could easily be added into all mods, and would definitely please me to play with (for example walking to non-urgent calls or patrolling, and running for a sense of extra urgency) :)

Yes it is possible, take a look at the wegberg mod they all walking slowly, they are only running for a call.