salvador.c

European Union and NATO

What do you think about the EU and NATO as organisations?

Do you believe in the union and cooperation?

What is wrong and what is right?

Do you fell safer?

I want to start a discussion about this organisations because I do believe in the power of the union!

tell me about your opinion and answer my questions.post-12803-0-26376400-1342479855_thumb.p

I believe Union and cooperation is good in certain circumstances.

I cannot answer that.

I fell safer in NATO in that we (I talk 'we' as the UK) have allies abroad and standards to adhere to. This is, to a certain extent, true within the EU true as well. What worries me about the EU is the economic inter-dependency and the near-free manner of Immigration between its member states as it leads to situations that cannot be controlled.

I've not studied International politics, economics or anything like that, so feel free to refute me :)

The OC-D

The Union is a alliance which cares about economy and human rights. But NATO is completly different. It's a military alliance. And it gives a big advantage for each member. Each ally becomes a critical ally if it's in NATO. Just remember the military jet crisis in Syria. They downed our plane. 2 days after. NATO made an unplanned meeting. Then some NATO allies(include US, UK and Netherlands) sent squadrons of warplanes to Turkey (Akinci AB). As we sent troops to Korea, Kosovo and Afghanistan. That's called alliance. I don't think that EU can do something like this. But EU is the biggest economical alliance. And NATO(a.k.a OTAN) it the most advanced military alliance. Both are the best in their classes. I believe to the Union. But the cooperate, they couldn't save Greece. And Spain is following him So my money's in NATO ;). Always makes me feel better. Especially if 2 of your neighbours are your enemy and one is in a civil war :P. (You started a good topic to talk)