heyjoojoo

In adding a motorcycle from one Mod to another, which file contains the animation?

I've been trying for months to change out the older Harley motorcycle from the LA Mod and add in one from another mod, London Mod. I'm trying to swap the older Harley for the newer and more current BMW RT1200 one. It seems to do well when responding from off the map. But when I tell the rider to get off the motorcycle, wont do it and then I can't seem to get him back on it. Which files is the animation built into?

Animations are included in the model file itself. Basically If you change the model -and more specifically the rider- you will most likely lose or mess up the animations.

The animation itself only applies to the rider and there are ways to copy the rider to a new model and maintain the animations. It's just hard to do that. Did you create a new rider model are did you use the one from the Harley?

Animations are included in the model file itself. Basically If you change the model -and more specifically the rider- you will most likely lose or mess up the animations.

The animation itself only applies to the rider and there are ways to copy the rider to a new model and maintain the animations. It's just hard to do that. Did you create a new rider model are did you use the one from the Harley?

Hey Hoppah,

I kept the rider as is. I kind of figured that the rider must have had some special animation element involved in the file. But I was able to fix that problem. The problem now is that once I make the rider get off the motorcycle and then make him get back on it, I lose control of it. In other words, I can't make the bike drive at all. It's like I lose control of driving the motorcycle once the officer gets off and then back on. I can however control the lights and patrol, so those commands seem to work fine with the exception of being able to click in a spot and get the motorcycle to drive there. Do I have a problem with the command script or with the model file?

LAMotorcycle.script is the most important. :) To make everything work, you will need to edit that file, especially if your prototype files are different than those in the LA Mod. Make sure the characters OBJ_MOTORCYCLE and OBJ_MOTORCYCLE_DRIVER point to valid prototype files in the script.

Hop :)