Zach1019

Ogden City Fire Department, Utah Mod. I need help.

Well my friend. Welcome to the forums! I would highley suggest starting out on your own and seeing what you can do. There are alot of tutorials on this site that explain what and how do do certain things. But be patient, I have been modding for quite awhile and it does not happen over night. It takes time and effort. When I started in 07, I knew nothing. Now I can do it all; all you need to do is play around with settings and scripts and see what happens when you change a value. Good luck!

I need help starting from the very start. I don't know how to create vehicles and make skins. I also don't know how to make a map and also put in spawn points for vehicles. I need someone to help me so I can do this submod. All the help I can get is appreciated.

I have worked on the LA Mod, NYC Mod, I created the Emergency Submod and Currently working on a Wyoming County, PA Submod; I also created a mod for a 911 clan I am in called city stations. The Tutorials are located in the download section. Rut has done very well with providing tips on map making and Hoppah has some on basic modding. Good luck!

There is two tutorials that i know of on how to re-skin your vehicles. Youll need to have your em4 editor and paint.net handy to do the re-skins.(Paint.net is free)(em4 editor if you dont know how to get to it http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/5851-wheres-my-editor/ ) Unless you get a dds converter which just takes longer.

This video should help more than just the written one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUMY2tkcoc&feature

If that video doesnt help or you cant understand it then i guess you S.O.L. :prop:

Creating a submod if thats what you wanted isnt something you can just jump right into and tell someone to help you. It takes a lot of time and different scripting and some things that you probably wouldnt be able to understand becasue some of the scripts are very complex. Most people give up on their mod because they cant do something or just dont have the time or some other problem. As for the 3d modeling i dont do that yet but you need the program zmodeler2 which is also free but it is pretty complex until you understand it. Now know that some scripts are writen in plain code which is just like writing a paragraph. There are tutorials on things you can change in game by changing some things in the specs folder of your mod. I suggest before changing anything you backup your folders/files because once its screwed up if you didnt back it up then once again your S.O.L. and youll have to re-install or some other means of getting the file back.

I hop this helps you some! -Steven

Normally, you'll want to save the file your working on to your desktop. For example. if I am working on fire_engine1 and fire_engine2 I'll make a copy of both skins and save it to my desktop. Than when I save my reskin I'll overwrite the saved files on my desktop. These prevents any errors, and if something was to happen I can scrap those reskins and copy the default skin from the mod I am working on without any problems.

Ok cool thanks. One more thing. Is there a tutorial for light and stuff. How do u edit a vehicles emergency lights and stuff?

Load the mod you wish to edit in the editor, than go to vehicles in the mod, click on the unit, click edit unit, and click edit lights.

The first tutorial is obviously from our site, personally I think it sucks and I didn't learn anything from it. The second video is from Youtube, and I used that video the learn the basics about lighting. In general you'll see a small panel on the right

Radiation: The flash affect from lights on the ground

Corona: In real life this would be a blub for halogen lights, or led for led lights

Lighttype: Gives you a choose of some frequently used lights

Lightmap: Can't remember exactly what this does

Corona: You can choose to use a red tail light, red emergency light, etc

Flash Frequency: Determines how fast / often your lights flash

Flash Offset: If you want your lights to alternate you would give one an offset

Corona Size: Determines how big or small your corona will be

Color: This is where you create your light color via R/B/G

I know I've probably missed a few things but those are kinda the basics, other members can add more, but the best way to learn is trail and error. That's how I learned anyway.

Sweet! Ok one more question. I want to change the light bars on some vehicles how do I do that?

Then one last thing. How do u change the make of a vehicle or the chassis? Example: like the la mod ambulances from them to like a Ford chassis?

Sweet! Ok one more question. I want to change the light bars on some vehicles how do I do that?

Then one last thing. How do u change the make of a vehicle or the chassis? Example: like the la mod ambulances from them to like a Ford chassis?

use the search function or look in the modding help section,every question you asked is covered many times there.