Semper Fidelis

Is There Anyone From My Country Or Your Thoughts And Questions About It ?

A few questions, I took a little Turkish in college, but not enough to try and ask you in it:

1. Are there a lot of American manufactured fire trucks in Turkey? I've noticed pictures of some in Istanbul

2.How is the EMS system run? is it similar to other European Countries? Is it tied into the fire brigades or independent?

3.Are there a lot of volunteer firefighters in Turkey or are they all paid professionals?

4.What are the education requirements for firefighters in Turkey? Are They the same for volunteers?

I have some more for later. I like learning about other countries Emergency Services.

Thanks for comin here man :)

1- usually they are German manufactured cars. But saw an American one in Istanbul. Propably they have a dozen American made. But the others are German.

2- The Fire Brigades are connected to local municipality. So the EMS Services are connected to Local Directorate Of Health.

3- We don't have a volunteer FF system. They all are trained professionals.

4- If you wanna be a firefighter, you have to pass these steps;

1. Health Test.

2. Physical Test

3. A Final Exam.

These are the only way to be a FF in Turkey. If you have more questions, just ask me bro. ;)

On 5/7/2012 at 11:38 PM, Semper Fidelis said:

Hi Everyone !,

I love all the people in this forum but I couldn't find anyone from my country. Yes I'm talking about Turkey :cheers: ? If there isn't anyone just write your thoughts or your questions I will answer all of them as a true thinking EM+ fan !!!

Best Wishes,

Emre :D

Hello Iam Turkish too,do you know any Turkey mod em4 deluxe ?

On 7/31/2012 at 7:57 PM, ilkanmutlu said:

Ben var?m :D... My father is Firefighter in ?stanbul.?f you have any question about ?stanbul Fire Brigade, you can ask me.