ltmauler6

won't work on new computer

So. First of all, please post your DxDiag and logfile!! This will help us help you! laugh.gif

"Support read first!" Thread by Stan. Here you can find information about DxDiag and Logfile and how to find them.

How does the crash look? Is it instant blackscreen or do you get into the main menu before crashing? Please describe this.

Okay. Well, you could try to set the resolution to 800x600. Do this through the configuration file. Find the lines and edit them to:

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />

<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

the second thing that you should check is whether you have any bad codecs installed. If I don't remember wrong, programs like Nokia PC suite, Samsung studio something, K-lite codec-pack might cause this kind of problems too.

I think I found the log file, I ran a windows compat tool and got it the bring the activation screen up. I activated it and it worked. However it was fragmented and slow, so I tried to change the graffics and now the games won't start again. A black screen comes up and then goes away and the game never loads.

logfile.txt

Open the config file (em4.cfg) and find the line that says

<var name="r_xres" value="1280" />
<var name="r_yres" value="1024" />

Change the value for X to 1024 and the value for Y to 768. Save and close the Config file. The game should now work.

You might have to save the file to your desktop and then copy and paste the file back to its original location.